SN95 cage questions...

37Stang

I recently received my car back from having the fabricator install the cage. To install the cage the dash was removed so the dash bar could be installed...

The problem lies with the installation of the dash "skeleton" as it will have to be cut up and welded back together in several places.

A while ago I recall seeing some photos of a Mustang cage were there were brackets fabricated off of the dash bar that mounted the steering column to the dash bar instead of the dash "skeleton". IIRC it may have been a cage that Glenn installed. For the life of me I can't find the pictures now...

If anyone can post up the pics it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

You're probably thinking of Rob's car, and yes his cage was built by Glenn. I don't think he posts here so he sent the pictures to me.

dScBMOxl.jpg

EbL1dZYl.jpg

Gt3hyc3l.jpg

Y9XTABPl.jpg

Those are the oem brackets cut off the frame. The column is 100 percent in the oem location. I built a jig down from it to the floor while it was in the factory configuration. Once the cage was done, i placed the column on the jig and fab'ed down to it.

blk96gt... Thank you for the pics!!! Those are exactly the pics I was talking about. I looked for them but could not find them anyplace...

Glenn, would you by any chance still have the jig you built?

Thanks again guys...

Call me. # is on the last page of the rules.

Glenn... are there any particular days and times that are more convenient for you?

Thanks and I look forward to speaking with you.