EAST coast Championships...................

t500hps

WTH.....where are all the entries? Why haven't you guys signed up?

I've only been racing 2 years but SOOO wanted to go to nationals last year. Taking over the family business last fall got in the way so I couldn't, but this year I'm all set. There are currently 3 CMC entries with a couple mid-atlantic guys on the "fencepost". Is VIR that much further than Atlanta for the Texas crowd? It's got to be closer for the Midwest pack. VIR is an AWESOME track with numerous high speed corners and the uphill esses that'll make you butt eat the seat!

Too far for me and taking a break from nationals this year. The whole east west thing takes away the prestige anyway.

I agree. 1 Series, 1 Champ.

Divide the car count for Nats and you will see a big drop in participation. Car count breeds car count.

CMC is a budget class anyways, so counts are always light even when there was a single Nats.

Texas guy, a little south of Houston...

500 miles to Hallett

850 mile to Road Atlanta

1200 miles to VIR

1200 miles to Mid Ohio

1500 miles to Miller

1900 miles to Laguna Seca

Pick one? Easy for me - in region race at Hallett. (Which has been the mecca for a CMC event anyway)

I keep telling my self I would like to get to a National event but have never come to the point that, all things considered, I would receive value for 1) cost of the event and travel 2) time required, and 3) expected finishing order. I don't have to win to have a good time - but i'm not really interested in a weekend of DFL either.

My fingers always stay crossed for cota!

When We got on the podium at miller it was awesome because you had people giving you prizes/hats/taking pictures etc and it was organized and you felt like a champion. It was special. At atlanta last year the podium was setup under a tent, half the people there were just standing around talking. The celebration was just like "hey look they did well, eh who cares" kind of attitude or at least it seemed that way. Plus even if you win then you have to take another week off and spend even more money on the miata champ race. Just kind of a waste in my opinion. And this is coming from someone who used to LOVE going to the scca runoffs/nasa champs almost every year for 8 yrs in a row.

Thanks for the info.

Having never been to a nationals event I can't say how they have been. I can say that the racing seems secondary with the mid-atlantic group. The CMC group paddocks together, brings various games (IE: fishing via remote control boats in the past), and even sets up a projector to "analyze" everyone race footage for the day (which requires incredibly thick skin).......5 of us even went camping at the river together with the families last weekend.

Our largest/spectator event of the year was 6 weeks ago and over 10,000 came to VIR. The trophy ceremony was held out of the racing surface with a couple hundred spectators for that alone. (I don't expect the same crowds for nationals but lots of effort is put in.) Hell, the director for midatlantic is very good friends with the director for southeast (atlanta) and over the winter they had extensive discussions about how to make the event much better.

If your coming, make sure we know it. I'd be happy to help make it an enjoyable event and help with any local info you might need.

The Western Nationals car count for CMC was even more piss-poor. Exactly One. Us. We figured everyone took a break last year and the cars would be back this year. We were wrong. Had we known earlier this year what we know now, we would have made plans to go the the Eastern Nationals instead and not locked our leave from work into going to the Western Nationals.

You could do what we did, go into Performance Touring. Like MHISSTC said, we were the only CMC car. Laguna Seca is a bucket list track for me (and possibly Scott) so by any means possible we were set to go out there.

We are in the process of getting our paperwork finalized for Performance Touring, likely PTB. There are only four of us in that group but that's all we need for a championship race. I thought we could get into PTC (hp/weight), we'd be more competitive, but the sheet you have to fill out puts us in PTB.

No worries, we'll have a great time either way.

Already looked into PTC since the one CMC car I know of like mine (4.6 currently listed for sale) also ran in PTC. Problem is there are no PTB car registered and only 1 PTC car registered.....which mirrors the mid-atlantic regions car counts.

I applaud you guys traveling great distance to run since I probably couldn't pull it off......too bad you didn't head this way!!!!

We try to budget for one good tow per year. We've done Hallett and Miller in the past, and we weren't going to pass up the opportunity to drive Laguna Seca this year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well crap....I see Derek cancelled (I don't blame him) and we're down to only 4 mid-atlantic cars for nats. Probably going to bail out too and save the money hoping next year's event is do-able.

Sorry, for cancelling but I couldn't justify driving 800 miles each way and spending $2500 to have a mid-atlantic regional race. Hopefully wherever it is next year there will be a bigger turnout.

Derek

Sorry, for cancelling but I couldn't justify driving 800 miles each way and spending $2500 to have a mid-atlantic regional race. Hopefully wherever it is next year there will be a bigger turnout.

Derek

I'd have done the same thing. Just sucks cause I've only been doing this 2 years but have gotten pretty good at VIR. If I go somewhere else my chances likely drop considerably!

I'd have done the same thing. Just sucks cause I've only been doing this 2 years but have gotten pretty good at VIR. If I go somewhere else my chances likely drop considerably!

I seriously doubt that Russ... As much as I hate to admit it I would bet on you to win at any venue... Especially considering who you have helping with the car... LOL!!!

Russ & Derek can both show up at Mid-Ohio on the first weekend of October & we can have an unofficial East Coast CMC Championship. Marc Bennett & I plan to attend as I'm trying to go to one new track per year. Watkins Glen was a great trip in 2014 and just like the Glen, I have watched many Mid-Ohio races on TV in past years. With 10-12 CMC cars at Mid-Ohio, that should be fun!

David DeJarnette #678

Mid-Atlantic CMC

Russ & Derek can both show up at Mid-Ohio on the first weekend of October & we can have an unofficial East Coast CMC Championship. Marc Bennett & I plan to attend as I'm trying to go to one new track per year. Watkins Glen was a great trip in 2014 and just like the Glen, I have watched many Mid-Ohio races on TV in past years. With 10-12 CMC cars at Mid-Ohio, that should be fun!

David DeJarnette #678

Mid-Atlantic CMC

sent you a text message. That is the weekend before our season finale but I've never been to mid Ohio and would love to go.......get me the details and I might tag along.

The mid atlantic guys have always camped in our trailers the paddock. Looks like there's a seperate camping area there so we'll need local help in how camping works at mid ohio.