Attachment point - right side window net Foxbody

dbrad

Anyone have a picture or suggestion as to how to attached the right side net into a Foxbody dash?

Thanks in advance

To be clear, this is not a right side window net, but a right side containment net. Correct?

If so, ignore the dash and concentrate on correct placement of the net around you and your seat. Most likely you will be attaching the rear portions of the net to the top bar of the main hoop and harness bar across the main hoop of the cage. The forward attachment point is most likely going to be on your dash bar. See the following .pdf file for examples. Once you have the net correctly positioned for your safety, then cut a hole in the dash wherever the net attachment point passes through it. That will vary depending upon your seat, seating position, and cage design.

http://www.apexperformance.net/CartGenie/SafetySolutions%20Driver%20Net%20Install.pdf

To be clear, this is not a right side window net, but a right side containment net. Correct?

Thanks for the response and the link. Yes, I meant side containment net.

I am good with the connection points to the cage as it came with a good set of instructions (it is a Schroth net). What I do not have is a good understanding of solid connection points to the actual dash. I'd hate to start drilling into it and making a mess.

Does your cage have a dash bar located near the firewall below the base of the windshield behind the dash like the one in the two images below? If so, that's where the front attachment point would be.

richsfoxbody2.jpg

richsfoxbody4.jpg

If you don't have a dash bar, or your dash bar is located in a less than ideal location for the mounting of the forward attachment point for the right side net, then you'll have to securely mount a tab somewhere on the firewall to provide a favorable location. Something like this:

sidenet3.jpg

Here is the rest of the forum post related to the above image.

Once you have determined where your right side net attachment point is going to be, then all you have to do figure out where that is going to pass through your dash. Depending upon if it is a '79-'86, or '88-'93 dash, I've seen folks who end up feeding the attachment strap through the hole where the heat/AC controls were, or through one of the dash vents to make it look pretty with minimal to no cutting. If one of those locations lines up for you according to your seating position and cage design, then great. Otherwise, you may have to do some cutting of the dash to provide an interference-free hole through which the mounting strap can pass. I'd rather place the attachment point where it ends up providing the best configuration for safety rather than what provides the best appearance. So if you have to cut a hole somewhere else in the dash, then so be it. No biggie.