LS Intake Restrictor Plate Order

JJKJ

BryanL gave me the contact info for the shop that produced his last set of restrictor plates. I placed an order and he anticipates he can get them made in a few weeks.

The shop mentioned that if anyone else is interested now would be the time to place an order because once he's set up to make a set, it's a much smaller effort to make more.

To simplify the order, I can take orders from anyone interested and have the shop send them all to me. I don't mind sorting and sending plates out to those who would like individuals or a set. This would keep the shop from having to deal with multiple orders and shipping locations.

The shop hasn't given me a price yet, he has to look at what the previous sets cost to make. He still has the same material he used for Bryan's plates. Once I get pricing info, I'll post a follow-up. I believe from reading previous posts the cost last time around was around $60/set of 8 or 10. Please correct me if I'm wrong Bryan.

I haven't ordered any from them in years as I have just referred other racers to them to buy. I was thinking most people order 5 plates and it's around $60. Not sure though. They treat us right for sure and the plates work without issue. They don't deteriorate either.

You can make your own pretty easy.

4-1/8" hole saw and +-2" hole saws with some lexan or other material.

It's tight, but will fit inside the stock bellows coming from the air cleaner.

Just saying...

You can make your own pretty easy.

4-1/8" hole saw and +-2" hole saws with some lexan or other material.

It's tight, but will fit inside the stock bellows coming from the air cleaner.

Just saying...

How do you make the different size holes for each plate? 2" hole is going to be too big, too. Easier to just buy them in each MM increment and not have to buy all the hole saws.

How do you make the different size holes for each plate? 2" hole is going to be too big, too. Easier to just buy them in each MM increment and not have to buy all the hole saws.

Hole saws are cheap. You can always just start with 1.5" and use 1/4 or 3/8 drill bit to add more air. If it's too much, block off drilled hole with a little gorilla tape. Allows for some fine tuning at the dyno. Get it down to perfection and remake with correct holes/airflow and no tape. Now make a couple more for variation in outside temp, dyno calibration, etc. when needed at the track.

Really, I'm just giving a cheaper alternative method. Not easier/better, but cheaper.

I like cheap stuff. I have been hanging around Denton too much.

Talked with the shop today and the price for two sets is $70/set (I have one other order). As Todd stated, there are cheaper methods, but having multiple plates engraved and easy to swap on the dyno was nice. It also made it easy to track changes and label dyno runs for future reference.