Tech Bulletin request - Dollar value increase across the board

D Algozine

Bulletin request

Modify the shock absorber and rear spoiler/wing rules to include a price increase. Such as, the increase for brake calipers to allow for annual increases over the past several years. A similar 17% increase , as the brake caliper increase, seems logical. I looked several years back, and didn't find any dollar increases for any of these parts, but I may have missed it.

I would further suggest that in the future, any annual dollar value increases apply to all parts that have a dollar value as a limit.

"Item 5:

We updated the allowable price of brake calipers. "

5. Front calipers may be any single line, aluminum bodied, with four or fewer pistons, that is readily available to the public from a retail source for less than $700 each. Modifications to the spindle/upright to substitute the OEM caliper are allowed provided their only purpose is to enable mounting of the alternate caliper.

7.5.5 Any rear spoiler/wing that fits the following criteria may be used:

1. A vertical line from every point on the spoiler/wing and end plates must intersect the car body/bumper cover when the car is on a level surface.

2. The maximum height of any point on the spoiler/wing from any point on the deck lid/rear hatch may not be greater than 12.0 inches.

3. The overall depth (leading edge to trailing edge) including end plates may not be more than 12.0 inches.

4. The spoiler/wing and mounts as installed must be readily available to the public from a retail source for less than $700.

5. The wing must be fixed for competition and may not be adjusted from the driver’s seat

7.33.6 Any non-remote reservoir shock absorbers, of any origin, that are readily available to the public from a retail source for less than $1,000 a pair may be used provided they attach to the OEM stock unmodified mounting points and do not alter the stock geometry, with the exceptions outlined in 7.33.10 below.

The shock value has gone up. Crazy that in a budget series I can spend $2k on shocks, $2k on brakes, and $700 for a wing before I even start thinking about anything else.

The rear spoiler rule I still think is one of the worst rules in our series as I believe they have no place in our type of series.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm not so sure the wing is gonna help at all without a splitter in the front. Though you can spend $2k on brakes, my Z06 brakes seem to do alright with the larger rotors. I do have Stoptechs on the shelf, we'll see what they're like once I burn up the current pads. The pads are smaller, so I am a little skeptical. Don't get so worked up on what you can spend vs what you need to. That said, I wasn't the one to shell out on the hardware my car came with so I can't say I've felt the initial pain first hand.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the wing cost going to get updated, as the other cost restricted items have been ?

Any reason why all cost restricted items wouldn't increase at the same time, by the same percentage amount?

• 2 months later...

hello ?... hello ?....hello ?

Is there anyone body in here ?

Just nod if you can hear me.

Is there anyone home?

Too many folks paying attention to the presidents twitter rants, so no time for race forum banter.

I crack myself up :lol:

Cost increases I believe is based on the current cost of the baseline part. Such as if a stoptech caliper goes up then the caliper limit would go up accordingly. This isn't the Fed and having costs increase a mandated 2% a year. :D

Again, let's please take out the wing rule and leave that to American Iron. We all know why the rule was instituted in the first place based on a wing that doesn't even provide any downforce and people don't even use.

That stinks, we have had relatively decent turn outs for our races. This site however not so much.

We are still having fun racing in the Great Lakes region. Hope things turn around for you guys

Bryan

Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:38 am

This website is basically dead, similar to Rocky Mountain CMC participants this year :(

NASA Rocky Mountain - Camaro-Mustang Challenge car #8 Team Incidental Contact

3rd Place CMC - 2010 NASA National Championship

3rd Place CMC - 2015 NASA West Coast Championship PTB

That stinks, we have had relatively decent turn outs for our races. This site however not so much.

We are still having fun racing in the Great Lakes region. Hope things turn around for you guys

Bryan

That does suck. In mid-atlantic we've had 8 new drivers get their license since fall of last year. 1 is the son of a current driver but that still means 7 new cars racing with us. We're usually running 10-14 cars now even with a handful of veterans not showing up!!!

hello ?... hello ?....hello ?

Is there anyone body in here ?

Just nod if you can hear me.

Is there anyone home?

Too many folks paying attention to the presidents twitter rants, so no time for race forum banter.

I crack myself up :lol:

I was just poking fun at the lack of ...."anything" on this site.

• 3 weeks later...

This website is basically dead, similar to Rocky Mountain CMC participants this year :(

Bryan

That does suck. In mid-atlantic we've had 8 new drivers get their license since fall of last year. 1 is the son of a current driver but that still means 7 new cars racing with us. We're usually running 10-14 cars now even with a handful of veterans not showing up!!!

I will be moving closer to you guys, you will probably see me at least one race next year.

Bryan

Bryan

I will be moving closer to you guys, you will probably see me at least one race next year.

Bryan

Closer to Mid Atlantic?....where? We have drivers coming from Tennessee, Alabama, and Pittsburg regularly! Most of the rest of us are in central/northern VA

• 1 month later...