2001 Audi TT World Challenge car for sale

supraman95

2001 Audi TT former WC car

$18500 obo [email protected]

This car was professionally built for racing by Don Istook Racing Team. This car ran World Challenge Grand Am, SCCA STU and time trials. This car finished 6th overall in the Long Beach Grand Prix in May of 2009 and has raced at Mid-Ohio, Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, VIR among other tracks. I have transformed it into an exceptional track car. I have used it for high performance driver education events for the last 3 years and for sure had a lot of very fun track days with it, delighted many students and just simply go fast in a real race car around many beautiful tracks that luckily we have in this Country like Road America, Autobahn in Chicago, Gingerman, National Corvette Museum Track and Barber Motorsports.

Dry weight of this car is 2,450 lbs. Full professional cage with side jacking points. Fire 3 nozzle suppression system. Passenger and driver racing seats with 6 point harnesses. Dry brake fueling system with discriminator valve. CF hood with aerocatch pins. Front brake with air scoops. 340 mm Audi racing front brakes with Stoptech rotors and yellow Pagid pads in all 4 corners. HEIM jointed front suspension sway bar links with H&R coils in the front and Koni 2812 racing shock in the rear. Fluidyne radiator 40% larger than stock with Forge FMIC and MOCAL 25 row oil cooler. 1.8T engine is fully built by Integrated Engineering. It was broken in at IE engine dyno and with their big turbo setup and 875cc injectors logged 532 HP and 436 ft-lb max. I only run with 550 cc Bosch injectors and GT28RS Turbo that reliably deliver 350 HP all day long. It has a forge diverter valve, Tuscan rifled rods with JE forged race pistons (Coated with Tuf-Skirt TM). Fluid dampner with interference crank gear and Kevlar timing belt. Engine is bored to 83 mm and the head is fully built and port and polished by IE. It has titanium inserts with Ferrea valves oversized 1 mm all around. Brand new ACT clutch with new aluminum flywheel housing. Quaife ATB helical limited slip front differential. AWD removed as it slows the car down at the track. This car is a very fast track car that will walk away in the straights from ZR1 corvettes easily and with the superb handling of a Miata. This car is corner balanced.

I improved the APR wing by adding 2.5" spacers. Still running 10 degrees but since the 2D wing is higher now, the Canards had to be adjusted and aimed for even more downforce. This car has some serious downforce now and i have not been able to upset the chassis at the race track. It sticks to the ground that good.

I removed the braille battery and installed a new factory battery instead. Since the battery is in the back the added weight is fine.
I also added a 150 Amps re-settable circuit breaker mounted next to the battery. Although the car has a main power switch in the A pillar (Wired to still provide power to the ECU, fans and turbo after run pump), this circuit breaker really kills battery power on the whole car and it is great for winter storage. 

The engine is completely boxed underneath (Bottom and both sides) with full metal jacket panzer skidplate from Diesel Geek.
It meets SCCA ST3 rulebook and it has a current log in case you want to race it

23711201588_cfde12056a_k.jpg

dayatthebatcave-1.jpg

IMG_6473.jpg

IMG_6477.jpg

IMG_6490.jpg

IMG_6496.jpg

IMG_6505.jpg

IMG_6506.jpg

Edited by supraman95

• 4 years later...

Sounds like they were a great find, especially for anyone into racing or driving in general. It's always nice to find brand-new gear at a discounted price. I hope the buyer enjoys them!