FAQ - How do I enable Geotagging on my smart phone?

Aldrin V.

• National Staff

Geotagging or Location Services for photos MUST be enabled on your smart device (phone or tablet) so that the NASA National Office staff can verify that the submitted photos are taken at the track before your competition session. Once verified, we will be able to process your claim. 

To enable geotagging on Apple iPhone Devices:

Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Camera > Enable Allow Location Access “While Using The App”  

Iphone-1.thumb.png.3aa753bc95d2fef714fad44f6cc11dfc.png

Iphone-2.thumb.png.7d2996f8646ec25e0665f680c449e32b.png

Iphone-3.thumb.png.7c23195001909282b85eb75e4c42a2fb.png

Iphone-4.thumb.png.89556645415bd39bb7657a839b143731.png

To enable geotagging on Android Devices:

Launch Camera app > More > Settings> Enable “Save Location” or “Enable Geotagging”

Android-2.thumb.png.a745bd227d342440deadc07a52dfc43e.png

Android-1.thumb.png.0daf06eccf4eadc3d03f53e2d91e5a26.png

Edited by Aldrin V.

That's awesome that you would post the instructions for doing this.........but for the other 99.9% of photos most people take they don't want this feature enabled! 

AND those settings are for an I-phone. Can't find them on an android..........even using the search feature for "geo tagging"! 

Suggestions????

Edited by t500hps

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, t500hps said:

That's awesome that you would post the instructions for doing this.........but for the other 99.9% of photos most people take they don't want this feature enabled! 

AND those settings are for an I-phone. Can't find them on an android..........even using the search feature for "geo tagging"! 

Suggestions????

We understand your concern in regards to the location data. You can disable it once you are done taking pictures which you will use to claim your awards. 

In regards to the Android settings, the two Android images are below the iPhone settings pictures.

Let us know if you have any other issues.