krisko

Is the February Rockingham race still a go?

krisko

I don't see it on the NASA-SE site. I'm off work so I really hope this happens.

RussTypeS

Yeah I noticed it was gone as well...

WTF mate?

ZoomZoom8

Unknown what happened...it was there a couple days ago. I'm sure Jim will chime in at any time.......

wildhorsesracing

There were quite a few reasons why we had to drop it off the schedule, too many to list them all here. We are looking intensely at a few dates to be added in April/May to replace the Feb Rockingham date, we'll keep you posted!

RussTypeS

We need to get an early feb Sebring date so I can work on my tan

wildhorsesracing

How about Moroso?

http://www.drivenasafl.com/

Jan 21-22, 2006

Moroso Motorsports

Sounds like a perfect way to spend a January weekend...in Jupiter FL!

ZoomZoom8

maybe.........

Talladaga Gran Prix Raceway

http://www.tgprace.com/

The GA RX club and a couple other folks are renting it for a day in Jan. Cool little track........

wildhorsesracing

Yes it is! We have rented it in the past, but we cannot race there, the track isn't wide enough.

krisko

That really sucks about the Rockingham race. Sebring is awesome but that's covered by NASA-FL (I'll be running there twice this year with them). Moroso is pretty horrible, I wouldn't run there if it was free.

Taxman

I kinda like Moroso. Got my first SCCA wins there. It was better for sure before they added the new T7. It is always fun there to race on Saturday and then hang around for the drag racing at the track that night.

MM79SC

Krisko - you may want to enroll for the BMW DE at Road Atlanta in early March. I know some instructors that might be able to help you out with your line for the NASA race 2 weeks later. You better be on your game if you want any chance of winning the GTS3 class!

Looks like Sebring PCA in Feb will be my first event next year. After that, it's all about NASA-SE and the Nationals in Sept!!!

krisko

And the trash talking begins....

You'll be getting a good look at my line, early in the race anyway. I suggest you roll the tape, you might pick up a few pointers.

dmwhite
Krisko - you may want to enroll for the BMW DE at Road Atlanta in early March. I know some instructors that might be able to help you out with your line for the NASA race 2 weeks later. You better be on your game if you want any chance of winning the GTS3 class!

oh d@mn!!!

don't make us gang up on you with the blue M3's!

i got a nice view of of krisko's line in 10A in my mirror during the sunday sprint in August

looking forward to racing with you guys in '06! Hope you guys can make it up to my neck of the woods (VIR) in Feb!!!

MM79SC

Bring on the blue M3s!!! I bet you guys still have AC and stereos your cars

Dave - looking forward to seeing you again at Road Atlanta and I might even make some other regional races next year.

etm63

I know one of the reasons for cancelling the Feb. Rock date was that it was realized that it was "Superbowl" weekend...whatever that is. Apparently, because of this, the turnout was a concern...

Personally, I'm glad it was cancelled - I was a little worried about what the weather could possibly be that early in the year. Hell, we might all be snow skiing that weekend!!! Or, maybe preparing for the "Superbowl". There's that word again... Hmmmm. So confused...

Happy Holidays!

Ed

dmwhite
I bet you guys still have AC and stereos your cars

i wish i had A/C the last time i was at road atl (in august)

Dave - looking forward to seeing you again at Road Atlanta and I might even make some other regional races next year.

sweet, i'll be making it to a lot more races next year!

you going to be at sebring for winterfest? i'm signed up and hopefully can make it...

MM79SC

I wish I could make Winterfest but business that week prevents it. Looks like NASA Rd ATL will be next race we meet. Have fun at Winterfest and let me know how it goes.

Edited by Guest

dmwhite

i'm still on the fence about winterfest, its a long haul for me....

you should come up to vir in feb!!! if not, i'll see you in march...

krisko

Dave, since the race is cancelled you feel like doing a little skiing at Winterplace over that weekend? I'll be bringin the fam but we can go drinking at nite.

dmwhite
Dave, since the race is cancelled you feel like doing a little skiing at Winterplace over that weekend? I'll be bringin the fam but we can go drinking at nite.

i appreciate the offer but i'm going to have to decline...i dont think a broken leg will do anything to help me win any races

wait a sec, is this some plot to help your chances of beating me at vir a few weeks later?!?!

krisko

i appreciate the offer but i'm going to have to decline...i dont think a broken leg will do anything to help me win any races

Racing ain't everything....I think I need to race less and get back to enjoying life again. (just sunk another $1000+ into my car )

dmwhite
Racing ain't everything....I think I need to race less and get back to enjoying life again. (just sunk another $1000+ into my car )

i agree but racing is part of enjoying life for me....plus i am teh suck at skiing

LMan
Racing ain't everything

MM79SC

Krisko - I like your perspective "racing ain't everything". We'll see if you say that after I spank you at Road Atlanta!

dmwhite
Krisko - I like your perspective "racing ain't everything". We'll see if you say that after I spank you at Road Atlanta!

Mike, i just hope you're going to ok with finishing 2nd to me this time around