In ST4, are widebody, non vented, aftermarket fenders allowed?

NorcalTT

Hi Greg - Based on what is listed in  "6.4.2 ST4 Aerodynamic Modification Restrictions and Limitations If not using the BTM Aero Modification Factor, aerodynamic parts/devices/aides shall be limited in ST4 to the following:...." where I do not see wide body, non vented fenders listed, I think the answer is that they would not be allowed but I wanted to clarify.  I believe the intent of the rules for ST4 is to keep the OEM body panels with the exceptions granted for flares, correct?

I think I just answered my own question by searching and finding where Greg stated:

"If the aftermarket fender has different lines/aero properties, then it is not permitted. Tires are limited to 275mm to help prevent issues with the need for widebody kits."

https://community.drivenasa.com/topic/47948-update-st4tt4-and-other-for-2017/page/14/

Greg - if there is anything else to add/correct/clarify, please do. Thanks much.

• National Staff

Just this line from the BTM Aero rule—what is permitted in regard to fenders.  

“8) Rolled or flared fenders (includes add-on flares--only to the extent necessary to cover the tire as viewed from above—not viewed from the front or rear)”