Maxxis Contingency

Angrywankel

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Angrywankel said:

Was the maxxis contingency killed for 2019+? Or am I just not seeing it? Specificially looking for Time Trial.

In process. Will be available in April 2019.

• 2 weeks later...
  • National Staff

We are working on the final details for the Maxxis Program and will post an update as soon as its final. 

Any updates? I'm heading to a race this weekend April 5-7th. Will the contingency be completed by then? If not, I have an alternate setup for Hoosiers or I might just run old tires for fun.

• National Staff

we are still awaiting final details at the moment. Looking like the middle/end of April

• 1 month later...
  • National Staff

Yep. The program is built and ready to go. Just waiting for final approval from Maxxis Corporate. Stay Tuned in the next few days for an announcement!

• 4 weeks later...

Maxxis just removed the size i used. Between that and stringing us along for contingency, I'm done with Maxxis. Hoosier and Toyo have never been this disappointing. 

• National Staff
On 6/15/2019 at 2:46 PM, Angrywankel said:

Maxxis just removed the size i used. Between that and stringing us along for contingency, I'm done with Maxxis. Hoosier and Toyo have never been this disappointing. 

There has been a lot of internal changes out of our control within Maxxis which has created the delay in getting the program up and running for NASA drivers. We understand everyones frustrations and doing everything we can to make this program happen for 2019. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking at the MAXXIS contingency form and at the end it asks for "Proof of Tire Purchase" and order #.  Also reading the rules it says "Competitors are required to electronically complete a claim form at prizes.drivenasa.com and submit official timing results along with pictures of their vehicle showing the required decals and proof of purchase of four (4) original tires from the original purchaser."  To make sure I fully understand since the contingency being free tires, this means I need to place my initial purchase with Maxxis at full retail price and then use this order for all future contingency reward claims?

If fortune shines on my events and if I have now gone through the original purchased tires and are using now tires awarded under contingency and have more rewards I am still going to be using the initial purchase and order number I made even if its, 2 ,3 4, etc tires back?

Thank you!

• National Staff

Yes that is the case for the 2019 race season. Maxxis needs the initial proof of purchase to be eligible for the program

Thank you.  Does the current 2019 program require that the size and type of tire also be the same as the initial purchase?  Can the "free tire" be used to "purchase" a different size or type?  (origional purchase shows RC-1 but want a set of VR-1, or go from a 225/45R17 to a 245/40R17)?

Edit: Also I do not see Sitcker size mentioned in the 2019.  It looks like a 2018 program gave some minimum size.  I am new to this and need to get the correct stickers and want to make sure they are the correct size.  Thank you.

Edited by Magus2727

• National Staff
On 7/10/2019 at 9:20 AM, Magus2727 said:

Thank you.  Does the current 2019 program require that the size and type of tire also be the same as the initial purchase?  Can the "free tire" be used to "purchase" a different size or type?  (origional purchase shows RC-1 but want a set of VR-1, or go from a 225/45R17 to a 245/40R17)?

Edit: Also I do not see Sitcker size mentioned in the 2019.  It looks like a 2018 program gave some minimum size.  I am new to this and need to get the correct stickers and want to make sure they are the correct size.  Thank you.

Heard back from Maxxis. The tire being claimed in contingency should be the same tire type as stated in the Invoice. So if your original purchase invoice shows a RC1 tire, Maxxis wants you to claim your contingency for another RC1 tire. 

We will change the language to reflect the requirements in the next few days. 

Thanks