What Level to have a passenger?

ekim952522000

Wow so there not to big on passengers are they

HPDE 2 & 3 is still development. In OH/IN it is TT or HPDE4. Passanger must be over 18. Double check with your Regional Director.

If you've got friends/family/crew who you'd like to give a ride, ask any instructor. Most are more than happy to, though of course their student's get priority. The first and last instructor sessions of the day are usually the best bet since students are often in class in the morning or leave for the day before the final instructor session.

When i was in CA they said you had to be hpde3+ to have a passanger (family member or friend...whatever).

I dont see why you'd have to be 18 to ride along.. as long as any minor have parents permission.. considering you can drive if your under 18 w/ parent consent

Back in the day (94'), I let a passenger go out with a beginner student (2 total days on track). The passenger was attempting to "help" the student and advised him to make a pass where he shouldn't have. The short story is he hit the other car (only minor damage) and was suspended from running with the group for a year.

Group 1 and 2 students need to concentrate on learning to drive and not showing off for their friends (or getting advice from them).

Just my $0.02

It is absolutely not allowed for a minor spectator to get a "ride". It MAY be allowed if they are entered in the event as a driver for instructional purposes - check with the event director.

The issue with minor passengers is that it will be construed as a "joy ride" in the event of an accident and the legal ramifications of that are daunting!