Anyone run a Suzuki Swift GT in HPDE events?

ZukGT

Just wanted any tips to my GT perform well on the track.

Here's what I will be doing to my GT this winter.

1. Replace suspension bushings with poly

2. Install front and rear strut braces

3. Install lower control arm brace

4. Cal-mini springs

5. KYB struts (can't afford the Koni's)

6. New rims and tires (Kumho's?)

7. Rear sway bar upgrade.

8. Rip interior out and install a roll cage.

9. New racing seat.

I do have a turbo kit for it but plan to hold off until my driving abilities

are better.

Thanks,

Philip

Don't know any specifics about your car but I have learned something VERY important for HPDE. Keep your car reliable. My car is almost completely stock and I haven't had to spend any time fixing stuff. That's one less thing that you have to think about when you're at an event and it makes it just that much more fun! Track time is what its all about! Good luck and maybe I'll see you out there some time.

Don't know any specifics about your car but I have learned something VERY important for HPDE. Keep your car reliable. My car is almost completely stock and I haven't had to spend any time fixing stuff. That's one less thing that you have to think about when you're at an event and it makes it just that much more fun! Track time is what its all about! Good luck and maybe I'll see you out there some time.

I have to agree with Shunkyarddog. You can bring anything to the track (HPDE) and have fun it it. I have had two friends loose motors at HPDE (nether were stock). I started going to HPDE's with my car lowered, after a few times of going I started to upgrade the suspention, brakes, tires, my knowledge, etc. My motor and trans are stock, everything under the hood is stock except for an intake.

I have seen SUV's at HPDE's.. the main thing it go out, have fun, and learn how to control your car. remember its not a race..

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with the above. For HPDE's it's more important to have a consistant, relible car. Too many adjustable things will steal away from your fun, socializing time, and put the emphsis on the car instead of you.