Paint work on my 944 spec is done? Pics now or after race?

944-Spec#94

I have finished Painting my 944 spec car.

Yes finally after all these years of crap paint my 944 looks presentable.

Will it make me any faster? Nope, but at least it is shiny!

I have put on the main decals, but there are still a few missing ones I need to get on before the racing this weekend.

So should post pics now? Or let the suspense build and post after this weekend's races?

Hmm 57 views and one response...

Seems like nobody really cares...

I will post a teaser though...

PaintFog.JPG

Dilly I have some before battle pics as we speak.

Oh boy a RED 944!!!!! Not very creative are we? You had the opportunity to be different but went with Red? Hop it turns out good Joe. Did you paint it in your garage? Home paint jobs usually turn out very good!!! Cuz the prep work is done right not fast!!

It is red, but not completely. As is my tradition there is some white in there too. I'd rather keep it as base color red as it looks more complete with the red engine compartment, door jams, and interior. Doing a full color change would have been more work.

As for home paint... well I spent 2 1/2 days sanding 12 hrs a day. Problem was in spots there were at least 5 layers of paint on the car.

Check out this spot.

Layers.JPG

I count factory paint plus 3 primer & repaint jobs on top with my spray can red over the top.

So in the end I got tired of sanding and just went to primer and then paint. It is pretty dusty out here so inspite of all the prep I do have some dirt in it.

So the paint is far from perfect, but from a distance it looks a hell of alot better and that was what I was really after.

Yeah Joe, post the pre battle pics. I'll be out there this weekend to see you guys.

Tim, et all: I'll be starting HPDE 1 in May. just wanted to let you know. Gotta get a few things done to the car, and $$.

Oh, post the #$%^&* pics!

Ok here is one pic...

PaintedCar.jpg

As you can see I still need those White Toyo Decals...

Tim were you going to send me some?

Joe,

Well, that's much better. That's exactly what I thought the car would be in the rear. I could see the plastic ending at the fender bulge.

Decals should be arriving shortly.

Trevor, Great news for you!

Joe,

Well, that's much better. That's exactly what I thought the car would be in the rear. I could see the plastic ending at the fender bulge.

Like I said the top part was not completely white. Just the edge and sides really. Thanks for the white toyo's

Thanks Tim.

Got my toyo decals direct from Toyo via FedEx. I have 8 white ones so I wil keep the spares for any Az folks that need them!

Good man, Joe. Grow that 944 group out there.

Mr. Marks...............rattle cans ain't what we had in mind.

Make it pretty now.......want some design ideas? Call me, or look at the Aussie 944 spec series cars. Some have paint, some have digital graphics.