Chip for 83-84 box

n wright

I thought the main reason to use the 85.5 and later DME/AFM on an early car is to get rid of the "studdering" problem when throttle is closed and rpm dropped to idle. It may be better for a street car but I can't imagine it will make much of a difference in a spec car so one probably wouldn't want to change it over to a late DME unless they are going to chip it. The late DME is obviously easier to chip and raise the rpm limit but it seems to not make much of a difference.

Jason, thanks for the kind words. I hope things have settled down a bit after your move. I am finishing my move and still have to finish moving the garage. Dylan, yes I am finally getting around to building/finishing a spec car out of my parts pile so hopefully I will join you guys out there and learn from you all.

The following is a quote from P SIlly, who is freezing his a*s off in the "big apple..." and is able to read the posts, but not login....it's GOTTA be killin' him!!

Gentlemen,

Gentlemen,

sorry for my lack of communication. I've been unable to login for some days now (maybe over a week)? I don't get any errors when I try, I just don't get logged in? I even requested my password and tried it from the email, but nothing???

So, as to this talk of stock chips..... It will hurt some people. Myself for example. I hate to admit this, as my car was/is For Sale, but being one of those front running, 100 octane using, chip running drivers, I guess I need to cover my ass here? Now, people like Jim and Mikael, maybe even Tim have seen my dyno sheets, they are in the door of my tow vehicle. Sure, I could cheat and put dummy pulls in there but I'm just not that kinda person. When I kick your ass, I want to know it's because of my driving, not any cheating. Now, when I bought my chip, I did a before and after run. My BEFORE run, on the stock chip using 100 octane, I came in at 129 rwhp. I put the chip in, played with the settings and best I got was 134 rwhp. So, take me back to a stock chip and I will be 9-10 (even more on some motors) hp down on some of the guys who have re-built their motors to around 138 with stock chips. That's hardly fair? For me, the $300 chip and extra cost of 100 octane was WAY cheaper than rebuilding my engine. So, not that Ray was accusing myself, but I just wanted it out there for the record. I will let MOST people drive my car in swap for driving theirs. I say most because I would hate to put someone behind the wheel who 'thinks' they have something to prove and they wad the car up. But in general, I'll swap cars with anyone, anytime. If that helps squash any concerns for anyone?

Sorry for the lack of communicado, but like I said, unable to login and WAYYYYY too busy moving for the 5th time in 4 years. Looking at the possibility to do some track events next year? Oh, by the way, this is how hooked on my car being anything 'special' that I am. I will happily sell it, I would at some point consider (and most likely would) build another car to a slight different spec than this one is. Because I believe there is a couple things to be done that could make it (and me) faster! So, worry about that before you worry about 100 octane gas and aftermarket chips guys! :o)

P.Dilly.