Thawley

Utah NASA Race in May

Thawley

NASA Rocky Mountain Region will be holding it's first event at the new Miller Motorsports Park in Toole, Utah May 19-21.

The Thawley H1 Civic Hatch is itching to go. We've got it on the calendar as THE event of the month. Conditions should be excellent in May and we're expecting to see a LOT of NASA lap records set. (Especially since none have been set before...)

For those not familiar with the area, Tooele is about 35 miles West of Salt Lake City near the southern most shore of the Great Salt Lake. Another 110 miles to the west (about an hour's drive!) along Interstate 80 is the boarder town of Wendover, NV and the Bonneville Salt Flats.

When the Southern California Timing Association held the first annual Speed Week at the salt flats in 1949, it was Miss Tooele who presented the record setters their awards. SCTA "Forty-niner", Alex Xydias recalls her wearing white gloves...

Hope to see lots of other West Coast NASA races willing to join in this historic adventure.

Thawley

Greg G.

Only 140 more miles for me to Miller than to Thunderhill, and a stopover in Vegas.......I'll definitely be making this trip sometime.

GAC
Only 140 more miles for me to Miller than to Thunderhill, and a stopover in Vegas.......I'll definitely be making this trip sometime.

Are they doing TT there, Greg?

Greg G.

Yes. The Rocky Mountain region is definitely doing TT this year.

Bart Carter

Even closer leaving from Las Vegas! Looks like this may be one of my regular events.

bpanther

Are they doing TT there, Greg?

If you guys can bring me enough TT cars, then we will make sure to have an extra seperate timed session for you folks.