Car Number Character Size

Paul_9

I am participating in my first HPDE at Pocono on August 10th. One minor question is for the car number, what size stick on numbers are required ? The CCR states "cars are to exhibit a number..". The shops that sell these numbering kits go as low as 6 inch height. Is this acceptable ?

Thanks

Paul

If you're just starting to drive in HPDE's, just get some blue painters tape from the hardware store and use it to create your car numbers - I believe on the upper passenger side of the windshield, and on the driver and passenger door.  I'm not sure of the exact size, but for the doors, you probably can make them pretty large, but bottom line, is that they need to be readable by the corner workers.  - Jim 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Yes, I ran magnetic numbers at the May 2020 event in Utah. There are other cheaper options as well.

Edited by R25150
added info

• National Staff
On 5/19/2020 at 3:29 PM, R25150 said:

Yes, I ran magnetic numbers at the May 2020 event in Utah. There are other cheaper options as well.

Might want to tape the leading edges of magnetic numbers--seen plenty of them left on the track.