2019 NASA Championships FAQ

Marie A.

• National Staff

Q: What is the name of the event?
A: NASA Championships Presented by Toyo Tires

Q: Is there a Championships website?
A: Yes, here: http://nasachampionships.com

Q: Where can I find the schedule?
A: When the schedule is complete, it will be posted on http://nasachampionships.com

Q: Where can I find other NASA Rules or Forms?
A: Rules: http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules.html
Forms: http://www.nasaproracing.com/forms.html

Q: How do I qualify for the Championships?

A: 2019 Racing requirements:

• Five points paying races (or competing at three weekends)
  • Up to two TT points days count toward two of the five races
  • Enduro of any length three hours and more counts as two races
  • Any registered team member planning to compete must complete the qualifications individually

2019 Time Trial requirements:

• Four TT points days
  • Racers who want to also compete in TT must meet the racing requirements plus the TT requirements. If utilizing two TT points days to qualify for racing requirements only an additional two TT points days are required to meet the TT requirements.

Q: Which track configuration is being used?
A: Pro (no chicane)

Q: What are the contingency payouts?
A: Click HERE 

Q: Where can I find the list of people who have entered?
A: Click HERE

Q: I've entered and I need to correct the information showed for me on the entry list. Who do I contact?
A: Submit a request HERE and someone will get back to you asap.

Q: Is there a parking map?
A: The parking map is posted on http://nasachampionships.com (as of 8/14/19)

Q: What Contingency Programs are available for Championships?
A: https://prizes.drivenasa.com/national-championships-contingency-programs/

Q: Who will be providing tire service?

Q: What hotels are near the track? 
A: See Hotels

Q: Does Mid-Ohio have power or sewer hookups for RVs?
A: No 

Q: Are there special track-side spaces reserved for RVs?
A: Yes! All RV Spaces will be booked directly through Mid-Ohio. Please reach out to their ticket office directly to book your spaces and make payment.  419-884-4000

Q: What is the event cancellation policy?
A: Easy Pay Option ($299) is NOT refundable. You may cancel but your deposit is forfeit.  A Competitor may withdraw from the event and receive a refund by giving written notice of cancellation via email, no later than August 26th, 2019. The entry fee amount minus a $95 handling fee will be refunded. This includes test day, parking, race entry, etc. It can all be refunded for a one time fee. There will be no exceptions to this policy. Send cancellation notification to [email protected].

Q: Are there specific tags we should use on social media?
A: Yes! Official tags are  #nasachamps #drivenasa #toyotires

Q: How can I let announcers know about my driving history so they can talk about me during the live broadcast?
A: Please fill out the Driver Information Form.

• Like 2

• Roman V. locked and featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • National Staff

Sorry for the delayed response. I believe I answered this through a direct message. 

Cancellations.JPG

Maria it is still unclear what the answer to rcrescencio’s question is. The image you posted of the cancellation policy is confusing.... would both the 299 and 95 be lost for cancelling? Or if you pay in full and need to cancel then only $95 would be lost?

• Administrators
22 hours ago, KyEx said:

Maria it is still unclear what the answer to rcrescencio’s question is. The image you posted of the cancellation policy is confusing.... would both the 299 and 95 be lost for cancelling? Or if you pay in full and need to cancel then only $95 would be lost?

If you pay in full, you will get everything back minus $95. 

The easy pay option is not refundable. 

Roman

• Administrators
5 hours ago, TMF said:

How many TT competition sessions can we expect each day? 

In the past we had a total of six sessions for Sat/Sun and one Test/Tune session on a Friday. 

Roman

• National Staff

We are working on confirming Hoosier Tire Support. As soon as it is official, we will post the info in this FAQ thread as well as on the nasachampionships website. 

• National Staff
On 5/30/2019 at 6:12 PM, Clavette said:

Who will be providing Hoosier tire support?

Stupid Fast Tires  / Aaron Quine 

[email protected]

330-573-4338

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 6/27/2019 at 7:41 PM, [email protected] said:

If I register in one race class and later decide that I want to supersize and add on a second race class, can I do so at any time up to September 1st for $349? Or does it have to be with the original registration?

Thank you,

Anthony

Yes you can. 

Regarding a the enduro length of 3 hours or more.  Does that pertain to only NASA enduros on the west coast, or does it pertain to ANY enduro(AER, WRL, Champcar, etc)?  

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, 1jeffcat said:

Regarding a the enduro length of 3 hours or more.  Does that pertain to only NASA enduros on the west coast, or does it pertain to ANY enduro(AER, WRL, Champcar, etc)?  

Only NASA Endurance racing same as regular racing that must be completed in the NASA region to qualify for the championships.

• National Staff
On 8/8/2019 at 12:09 PM, Terry Mathis said:

since all large parking is sold out what is the status on parking?

Terry we got you taken care of since someone happened to cancel, but for all others reading this thread, once parking is full, all other competitors will be parked in the grass above the upper paddock. If you are interested in getting on a waitlist in case someone cancels, please send in a request via the support tab. Thanks!

• Roman V. pinned and featured this topic
  • National Staff
On 8/18/2019 at 12:32 PM, 427R said:

Will Annual Tech Inspections be accepted or must we go thru a new Tech Inspection for the Championships?

Annual Tech will be accepted at champs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2019 at 6:25 PM, Roman V. said:

Yes you can. 

Regards to supersizing for another race class for 349, as of right now it only allows for an ST class to be selected.  How can we go about adding a GTS class if we are already registered for an ST class?  

-Matt

• National Staff
2 hours ago, wazgtsRacer said:

Regards to supersizing for another race class for 349, as of right now it only allows for an ST class to be selected.  How can we go about adding a GTS class if we are already registered for an ST class?  

-Matt

Matt, give me a call tomorrow between 9am-6pm CST and we will get this taken care of for you. 

We have registered and noticed that there is another car registered that has the same number as we do.  What is the protocol on who changes numbers? We are OK with doing it just want to get things handled now so we are compliant.