Marie A.

2019 NASA Championships FAQ

countryboyshane
On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:20 PM, Marie A. said:

Annual Tech will be accepted at champs.

Hello, I don't have an annual, and have always had a tech inspection done for my TT car at the morning of each event. 

For Nationals, would I just swing by tech with my normal HPDE/TT inspection form, receive a sticker, and be good to go? 

Marie A.
23 hours ago, BuckeyeHonda Racing said:

We have registered and noticed that there is another car registered that has the same number as we do.  What is the protocol on who changes numbers? We are OK with doing it just want to get things handled now so we are compliant. 

Numbers are on a first come first serve basis. I will check the registration list, see who signed up first and that person will have first dibs on the number. Can you please tell me your first and last name, as well as the other competitor with the same number? Thanks!

• Like 1

Hank P.
1 hour ago, countryboyshane said:

Hello, I don't have an annual, and have always had a tech inspection done for my TT car at the morning of each event. 

For Nationals, would I just swing by tech with my normal HPDE/TT inspection form, receive a sticker, and be good to go? 

Hi, always best to have your car inspected and receive your annual sticker ahead of time, but we can inspect your car at Championships and issue a sticker there as long as it passes. If you have aftermarket modifications such as race seats/harnesses, be sure that your setup is compliant with the CCR.  - Hank/Tech

nateolson

Am I required to sign up for a dyno slot if I already have a certified dyno run for this year?

• Like 1

srproductions

Will Hoosier be doing a Championship contingency?

BuckeyeHonda Racing
On 8/29/2019 at 12:47 PM, Marie A. said:

Numbers are on a first come first serve basis. I will check the registration list, see who signed up first and that person will have first dibs on the number. Can you please tell me your first and last name, as well as the other competitor with the same number? Thanks!

Eric Waddell #84 Super Touring 5 Great Lakes Region

Team Rotary Heads #84 Super Touring 5 Southern California Region

Pretty sure we registered after them just need to know how we go about picking a new number so there isn't a conflict.  Thank you in advance. 

Edited by BuckeyeHonda Racing
spelling

badamowski

Hey, the schedule has a "Mandatory Racer Meeting" on Thursday evening. Is this for time trial only drivers as well? 

Thank you!

JWheeler

How do the crew passes work?  When does the competitor get the 2 crew passes and if I need more, how do I pick them up?

Thanks!

Aldrin V.
On 8/30/2019 at 9:52 PM, srproductions said:

Will Hoosier be doing a Championship contingency?

We have reached out to Hoosier and will let competitors know in a email early next week regarding available contingency programs for Championships

jlucas

When does the track open for parking on Wednesday?

427R

Saw this on the Championship site, not sure if its still accurate or not.

Wednesday– 8 am gates open. Staging will be done in an upper grass paddock. Registration opens at Noon for welcome package pick up. Priority access entry opens at 3 pm. General entry opens at 5 pm. Registration closes at 9 pm. Gate is open 24 hours.

Edited by 427R

jlucas

yup it is, it's not on the blue schedule button but under "schedule summary (tentative)" expanding + sign.  Jay confirmed it's still current

Edited by jlucas

Greg G.
On 8/30/2019 at 3:24 PM, nateolson said:

Am I required to sign up for a dyno slot if I already have a certified dyno run for this year?

No.

Greg G.
On 9/3/2019 at 6:43 PM, badamowski said:

Hey, the schedule has a "Mandatory Racer Meeting" on Thursday evening. Is this for time trial only drivers as well? 

Thank you!

They can attend, and its a good idea, but not mandatory.  The mandatory first meeting is Friday at 3:30p since some drivers may not be arriving until Friday.

Marie A.
On 9/9/2019 at 9:21 AM, jlucas said:

When does the track open for parking on Wednesday?

3pm for priority entry. 5pm for everyone else.

Marie A.
On 9/4/2019 at 8:01 PM, JWheeler said:

How do the crew passes work?  When does the competitor get the 2 crew passes and if I need more, how do I pick them up?

Thanks!

Competitors will receive 2 crew bands when they arrive to the track and stop at the registration building to check in. At this time competitors will receive wristbands, welcome packs, etc. You can buy additional crew bands online ahead of time on the registration page, or you can buy them once you arrive at the track.

Clavette

I saw in a contingency e-mail that we need to have a NASA patch on our suit.  I don't normally wear a suit for TT events but will have it for the championships.  I do not currently have a patch.  How do I get one?

srproductions

Will patches be available at the event?  I didn't know one was required on the suit.  Also, Hoosier is listed now under Championship contingencies but when you click it, it doesn't have any Championship Contingency shown.

Marie A.
17 hours ago, Clavette said:

I saw in a contingency e-mail that we need to have a NASA patch on our suit.  I don't normally wear a suit for TT events but will have it for the championships.  I do not currently have a patch.  How do I get one?

They will be for sale at the event at Driver Info for $5

Marie A.
17 hours ago, srproductions said:

Will patches be available at the event?  I didn't know one was required on the suit.  Also, Hoosier is listed now under Championship contingencies but when you click it, it doesn't have any Championship Contingency shown.

They will be for sale at the event at Driver Info for $5. Hoosier championship contingency will be updated  this afternoon. Stand-by

countryboyshane
On 8/29/2019 at 1:20 PM, Hank P. said:

Hi, always best to have your car inspected and receive your annual sticker ahead of time, but we can inspect your car at Championships and issue a sticker there as long as it passes. If you have aftermarket modifications such as race seats/harnesses, be sure that your setup is compliant with the CCR.  - Hank/Tech

I haven't been able to get an annual sticker since I've been rebuilding my car the past two regional NASA events.  This is a Time Trial car, so if I bring a NASA tech shop stamped annual race car inspector form with everything signed off by my local shop, all I do is arrive with my stamped form and get an annual sticker?