Jeffrey Antonelli

Brake pad question for HPDE2

Jeffrey Antonelli

Wrapping up my rookie year in HPDE and I am looking for informed suggestions on brake pads. I mostly drive my Porsche 911 on track days, but sometimes I used it on the street. So, which pads? The stock Porsche pads work well but looking for longer lasting pads that are not strictly race pads. I never heard of HAWK brake pads until getting involved with NASA. Now they gave me. “Contingency” from going fromHPDE1 to HPDE2. 

My calipers must be removed for pad changes,, and I am not ready to swap out race pads for street pads at the track just yet. Maybe when I get to race I’ll get a car with calipers that let you swap out pads without taking out calipers and having to replace with new caliper bolts, etc etc.

TIa!

Jeffrey Antonelli

2009 911 Carerra (base model)

Clavette

I personally thought that the 911 stock pads were fine.  I would stick with them until maybe HPDE3.

pradey

Jeffrey, I have run hawk pads - DTC60 on the track and on the street in limited use.  You need to keep them clean otherwise you get some brake noise if you have not hosed them off recently (for me,  that is about every 200-300 miles).  you have to be careful doing this because they don't work as well when the pads are cold (pretty much all the time on the street).  The car stops fine, but you just have to be aware.

Reach out to Jay Andres, the Great Lakes Regional director - he is a Hawk Distributor and he would be happy to work with  you on choosing an appropriate compound to run on the street and track.

Jeffrey Antonelli

update: I moved to yellow Pagid pads, I think RS 29. Way better than stock!,! Love it. 

Took ok some getting used to, had to readjust my braking modulation. There was so much more bite, I was over braking at first.

thanks to all who responded 

Jeff Antonelli