TT Classification for Non-US Production cars

uuayala

Hello all,

I have a 1999 Nissan Skyline GTR I would like to campaign in TT2 and later TT1. This is a production car, although never imported to the US. Are there any penalties, such as being classified as a "non-production" vehicle that I should be aware of? (outside of normal HP/Weight/Tires etc).

Thanks

• National Staff

4 Eligible Manufacturers/Models/Configurations

4.2 Super Touring (ST1, ST2, ST3, ST4)
Any four-wheel, fendered/closed-wheel, internal combustion engine vehicle that passes NASA safety technical inspection can be used to compete in Super Touring provided it is in compliance with the modification limitations in section 6 of these rules. Hybrids must be approved by the National ST Director. (EV eligibility pending for 2020.)

Sports racers, “Prototypes”, and monocoque chassis purpose-built race cars are permitted in ST1 and ST2 using the specific Modification Factor listed for these chassis in 6.5.2. They are not permitted in ST3 or ST4 unless specifically approved elsewhere in these rules, or by written approval of the National ST Director.

“Production” vehicle models are those manufactured by an automobile manufacturer (at least 500 produced per year) and approved for street use by the U.S. D.O.T., T.U.V, or Japanese government, provided it is in compliance with the modification limitations in section 6.1 and 6.2 of these rules. (Other approved vehicles are listed in 6.5.3)