racers can run in TT?

wm577

I know most racers don't bother with TT, but can someone race in a road race class, and TT in the same car? ...is there a rule about this? ...if not, should there be a rule?

They would only have to go out with the TT group just 1 time to get times in for the weekend.

I know most racers don't bother with TT, but can someone race in a road race class, and TT in the same car? ...is there a rule about this? ...if not, should there be a rule?

They would only have to go out with the TT group just 1 time to get times in for the weekend.

Yes, you can race and do TT during the same day. I know Greg does it and I plan on doing it as well in 2006.

I plan to only do 1 or 2 TT Sessions a day plus my Race Sessions, but I believe Greg does as many sessions as he can.

• National Staff

Racers are welcome in TT provided they "behave", and, of course, pay the extra registration fees. It's a great way to get more track time, especially when you are at an unfamiliar track. And, it provides another level of competition.

Racers need to remember that although this is an open passing run group, and our format is similar to a race qualifying session, our on-track cooperation and etiquette is far above what is required for racing. As well, if a driver goes four wheels off or spins in a session, he loses all times from that session. While racing is a 10-11/10 activity, TT is really driving at 9-9.5/10, but attempting to find open track and the TT line to make up for the difference in intensity. I almost always have my fastest lap times of the day during the race (or race qualifying), unless we have a "TT Shootout" with a pre-grid, when you can be relatively sure that you will have open track where you don't have to worry about being perceived as being "wild or dangerous", or scaring other drivers. Most of the drivers in TT have never raced before, so a racer's perception of dangerous can be different than the average TT/HPDE4 driver's perception. And, therefore, it's important for racers to be on their best behavior if they want to run in these sessions.