Toyo Tires HPDE Awards Program Details

tiwilson328

First, I love the new HPDE reward programs, so a huge thanks to NASA and the sponsors.

My question is about the Toyo HPDE program.  The program was rolled out in August or at least the article was published in August.  I advanced from HPDE 2 to HPDE 3 at an April 2019 event in Florida.  Are drivers who advanced in 2019 but prior to the August announcement eligible for the Toyo rewards?

Thanks,

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
  • National Staff
On 9/13/2019 at 9:02 AM, tiwilson328 said:

First, I love the new HPDE reward programs, so a huge thanks to NASA and the sponsors.

My question is about the Toyo HPDE program.  The program was rolled out in August or at least the article was published in August.  I advanced from HPDE 2 to HPDE 3 at an April 2019 event in Florida.  Are drivers who advanced in 2019 but prior to the August announcement eligible for the Toyo rewards?

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim, 

At this time the program will not honor claims prior to the program launch in August. We are working with Toyo to see they can retroactively honor claims from early in the 2019 season. 

We will keep you updated on this forum if anything changes. 

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Any update on this? I went from HPDE3 to HPDE4 in June. They talked about the new contingency at the event, but the program wasn't up and running yet. Would love to be able to get that extra $300 Toyo Bucks.

• 1 month later...

Just saw that it will be updated in March 2020.  I'm hoping there are going to be retroactive awards, since we had comp school in Texas in January.

• National Staff
3 hours ago, Wade Ledbetter said:

Just saw that it will be updated in March 2020.  I'm hoping there are going to be retroactive awards, since we had comp school in Texas in January.

3 hours ago, Wade Ledbetter said:

Any news on Toyo HPDE awards for 2020?  Haven't seen anything on the contingencies page for this?

We are working on the final details with Toyo and we anticipate the awards being claimed retroactively when the program is live.