Conquer Custom

Miata Kart class?

Conquer Custom

Hi everyone, I have a Miata kart that I’ve just been playing with, doing donuts, drifting, and having fun with. But I am trying to find out if it fits into any NASA classes for track day events and HPDE events?

Mostly stock Drivetrain with spec Miata suspension and a cage. And obviously it is a chopped up cart. I’ve been looking through the rules but can’t find anything about open racers. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place.

9A82E276-9C52-461E-9259-D5CD529BA557.jpeg

013A5B0A-2290-4C25-BF87-0E332764436E.jpeg

Tansar_Motorsports

While I don't think it is specifically covered in the rules, this car would not pass tech for a variety of reasons.

No doors, no front fenders of any kind (basically open wheel), no hood, no protection of the radiator, no rear and very little front crash structure.

Take a look at the exomotive exocet.  That is basically the least amount of bodywork / structure that would be legal IMO.

Also, FYI:  That rollbar is lower than your helmets in that picture.  So, if the car rolled over, you would break your neck before the rollbar even touched the ground.

Conquer Custom

Fair enough... they don’t call em death karts for nothing! Guess it’ll stick to cars & coffee and drift events.