Car Numbers

Clavette

I seemed to recall that the directive in the CCR and/or ST/TT rule sets specified that numbers had to be on the DOORS.  My numbers have been on the Quarter Windows since 2013.  Last week at Road Atlanta one of the Marshals called me out.  Fair.  However, I went back through the CCR and TT rules this morning and I don't see that doors are specified.  It just says sides.  My numbers meet size and color requirements. 

I guess my question is can I keep my numbers on quarter windows?  If not, can someone point me to the rules sections that disallows what I have?

Thanks in advance.

Denis

• National Staff

Denis,

I don't remember the rule ever saying "doors".

This is from the TT Rules in 2005:

"8.1 Numbers and Class Designation
All NASA TT cars must display a three-digit number on both sides of the car. Numbers
must be of a contrasting color to the car or otherwise clearly visible, 10-inches high with
a 1.5-inch stroke. NASA TT cars must also display a class designation on both sides of
the car in a four-inch height in contrasting color to the car. Class Designations shall be
TT followed by the group number. For example, an A Group competitor would display
“TTA” as a class designation."

Now, there have been plenty of cars with non-compliant sized or illegible (due to lack of contrasting color) numbers on side windows that had to be fixed, but unless the region came up with a rule for their regional Supps, there is no such rule. 

45 minutes ago, Greg G. said:

Denis,

I don't remember the rule ever saying "doors".

This is from the TT Rules in 2005:

"8.1 Numbers and Class Designation
All NASA TT cars must display a three-digit number on both sides of the car. Numbers
must be of a contrasting color to the car or otherwise clearly visible, 10-inches high with
a 1.5-inch stroke. NASA TT cars must also display a class designation on both sides of
the car in a four-inch height in contrasting color to the car. Class Designations shall be
TT followed by the group number. For example, an A Group competitor would display
“TTA” as a class designation."

Now, there have been plenty of cars with non-compliant sized or illegible (due to lack of contrasting color) numbers on side windows that had to be fixed, but unless the region came up with a rule for their regional Supps, there is no such rule. 

Thanks Greg.