• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greg G.

• GAC

• raysingh

• firehawkclone

• National Staff

Actually, I may write a new rule for reprogramming at the track anyway +11. But, the system you described is fine tuning, just using a different method.

Actually, I may write a new rule for reprogramming at the track anyway +11. But, the system you described is fine tuning, just using a different method.

Guess what, it gets even SNEAKIER! You won't be able to tell if someone has an Access Port loaded with off-the-shelf maps or maps made by someone using their products called Street Tuner and Pro Tuner. With THOSE products you can tune for the SPECIFIC car and every single specific mod on that car. Would that be even more points?

Hopefully this is helpful to people; it bears no relevance for my little 15 year old N/A car.

Dan, did you do this (cuz I'm already laughing just thinking that you might have)?

Nope, I did it

Edited by Guest

Dan, did you do this (cuz I'm already laughing just thinking that you might have)?

Nope, I did it

Yeah, but you also have a catback. Blair, know any guys with a header and the stock catback?

Edited by Guest

[

Not off the top of my head.

BTW something else I noticed, Sentra SE-R is listed TTF**. Is that for the 2.5 (B15 chassis 02-current)or all Sentra SE-R's (incl 91-94 with the 2.0)?

Blair, that was my thought too. Greg, you have two of the three SE-R cars classed. Is the TTE car the current generation Spec V and the TTF** car the current generation 165 hp SE-R? That would still leave the 140 hp 1991-1994 SE-R.

Also, the last couple model year Spec Vs had a Brembo brake upgrade option that could be ordered, FYI.

No, I think we are good at +5 for a total exhaust upgrade with cat delete, +4 for a total exhaust upgrade with cat, +2 for headers alone, +2 for exhaust downstream from headers with cat, and +1 for catback only.

Greg,

Please help me understand...I clearly didn't sleep enough last night. The Integra goes from header to cat to cat-back exhuast. If I change all three, is thet 2+1+1=4 or 2+1+2 =5?

Thanks,

Mark.

• National Staff
Blair, that was my thought too. Greg, you have two of the three SE-R cars classed. Is the TTE car the current generation Spec V and the TTF** car the current generation 165 hp SE-R? That would still leave the 140 hp 1991-1994 SE-R.

Also, the last couple model year Spec Vs had a Brembo brake upgrade option that could be ordered, FYI.

The TTF** listing is for the later generation 165 hp SE-R. The '91-'94 140hp 2.0L would be classed with the 200NX SE-R and NX2000 in TTF.

The Brembo brake option makes no difference in base classification--from 6.4

All factory optional parts and upgrades must be assessed points, unless they legally fall under the update/backdate rule. Base classifications are for the standard base model of a vehicle, without factory options of upgrades, unless there is a specific TT base classification listing in 6.2 for a non-base model.

• National Staff
No, I think we are good at +5 for a total exhaust upgrade with cat delete, +4 for a total exhaust upgrade with cat, +2 for headers alone, +2 for exhaust downstream from headers with cat, and +1 for catback only.

Greg,

Please help me understand...I clearly didn't sleep enough last night. The Integra goes from header to cat to cat-back exhuast. If I change all three, is thet 2+1+1=4 or 2+1+2 =5?

Thanks,

Mark.

This is the reason that we wrote the rule the way we did. Headers, cat removal, and full exhaust are +5 all together. The exhaust rule is written for +2 for full exhaust system after the header of exhaust manifold to make sure that we don't get into this issue. If your full exhaust system if is a cat and cat-back connected directly to the header, so sorry. So, it's +2 header, +2 full exhaust downstream from header, +1 cat =5pts.

• National Staff

OK guys, good job on this thread. I'm locking it at this point. It has served it's purpose, and I thank you for your comments. It's time to move on with this season.

New Version of NASA National TT rules (v.3.9.5) is now available for download. Please replace your old (less than a week old) file with this one, and check out the new thread under Announcements.

http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/Time-Trial-Rules.pdf