Inaugural NASA Pro Sim League

• Members

Howdy folks!

Looking forward to kicking this off on 4/14/20 at COTA! 

I'll have the registration page built in the next couple days and will update here when it's ready! There will be a $49 entry fee and you'll need to be a NASA Member. 

Who's planning to join us?!?

Cheers!

Mark Petronis

So to be clear, the only difference between the club and pro leagues is that you have to pay in pro and there are prizes on the line? I mean to say any iRacing hack (like me) can join either league?

thonczarenko

I’m in!

Yes Mark, I looked at the series description and any of us NASA people can run either series. The pro has a fee and car setups are not fixed. Some of the tracks that have multiple layouts, the pro series will run the longer circuit. 

how many/where are the sim machines/systems?  i'm on the Gulf Coast of Florida and a retired NASA SPEC 3 racer ((retired in 2016 - now 72 yoa)).  Still fit and capable, but family says not allowed to actually get on a track.  Sim looks like a great way to get back into the adrenaline junky world.

• Members
Alright folks! Thanks again for all the support yesterday with our Inaugural Club League Opening! We're still working on Plan B to get more people into the Club League. We need to see how well the Pro League is also subscribed so were going to be opening the Race #1 Pro League Registration Today at 12PM PST, 3PM EST here https://www.nasaproracing.com/events/3362

We'll update the Club league Plan B later today. Cheers!
thonczarenko

I didn’t know there was an event yesterday. I would’ve been there!

gpwidas, Iracing is great and the better equipment you get, will give you a more realistic experience. Same wheel forces, especially in a manual steering car, and good pedals that can replicate the same force you press on your real pedals. You can go down the rabbit hole and have full motion or even a seat that has panels inside that push on you to tell your body the g forces that the car is experiencing. This helps with losing a little traction, the panel will react to the drop in g forces, and you’ll know you are sliding a little. D-Box for full motion and Simxperience GS5 seat if you just want pressure instead of motion. Some people combine both. 

Just do yourself a favor and make sure you get a belt-driven steering wheel. The gear driven wheels are garbage and feel like cheap toys. 

T. Hardin

Looking for setup help for COTA. Im struggling a lil bit and i just want stable, not necessarily fast,  but i can't turn and the ass fly out everytime,  lol thanks in advance. 

Tony Hardin

thonczarenko

check the iracing forums, I’ve been using the baseline setup. If I have a few min I’ll try to make an easy to drive setup; I’m on call and it’s been busy. I know that MX5 is sketchy when the tires are cold. 

what’s the hourly schedule for the race tomorrow? I’m on call and need to know when the actual racing starts so I can try to get somebody to cover me. Thanks!

• Members
13 minutes ago, thonczarenko said:

what’s the hourly schedule for the race tomorrow? I’m on call and need to know when the actual racing starts so I can try to get somebody to cover me. Thanks!

Race Night Schedule

8PM EST, 5PM PST - 60 minute Practice session starts

9PM EST, 6PM PST - 15 minute Open Qualifying session starts 

9:15PM EST, 6:15PM PST - 45 minute Race starts