Are Covid 19 rule Amendments possible

cadmad

All our lives have changed as a result of this virus but none of us have lost the love and need for our sport and all sports in general. Is it possible for us to adapt and if so could we as an organization help others who are not a part of our organization by finding a way to hold a motor sports event? In general there are little to no sporting events taking place anywhere in the world which adds to the everyday stress of life as we now know it because we "and the general public" don't have that outlet anymore. If we came up with a very stringent addendum to our rules to make a racing event safe for everyone involved I would think local governments would be receptive to allowing it in order to lend a sense of relief to the public if covered by a major network provider. A few of the amendment rules I thought of would be that each participant must be the owner / operator of the entered car. No other crew for that car is allowable. Each staging area must have a minimum of forty feet between any adjacent staged entry. These spaces could be set up prior to the event. At all times all participants must remain at least eight feet apart from each other. Any overnight stay must be done within the staging area of the participant. No food service would be available and each participant would need to be 100% self sufficient within his or her own space. We currently communicate much of our scheduling and event information through email and text messaging we would need to add verbiage and a way of confirmation real time electronically. We would need a set of standards for scrutineers. Weigh-ins and dyno testing could be done safely if properly outlined in the addendum. Track owners could adopt a set of rules developed by us to keep them protected. A list of participants would need to be provided to the track owners. I know it all sounds a bit crazy but most of us are a little crazy anyway. What a great service it would be to the public. IMSA, F1, NASCAR and all other major league motorsports organizations couldn't do this but I think with our people we can.

For me, it all breaks down in the event of incident that requires EMT response.  This puts the first responders at increased risk plus taxing potentially overloaded hospitals.

Trust me, I want to drive as much as the next guy, but I think we need to stay at home for now.

The rules would need to protect everyone involved. Participants would need to be either self quarantined for 14 days by sworn statement and or either temperature tested or possible even CV-19 tested prior to being allowed into the event space. EMT personnel would need to have the proper same protective equipment currently being used in hospitals. I think the real question here is how helpful to the public would a live sporting event be. Charlotte Gibson writes  "With the spread of COVID-19, a strain of the coronavirus, around the globe, numerous sports leagues have postponed, suspended or canceled tournaments, games and other events. As many athletes, coaches, sports fans and others process the reality of no sports for the next few months because of the spread of COVID-19, this unprecedented time can cause overwhelming fear, anxiety and stress." With that said maybe there's a way we can provide some relief. 

• 1 month later...
  • National Staff

As you can see, COVID-19 "amendments" have been made, and our events have starting coming back.  Of course, we can't do anything about State governments that have executive orders preventing events that have no basis in science, or tracks that are too scared to hold events because of all of the shark lawyers waiting to pounce. ?

https://www.nasaproracing.com/news/2020/5/nasa_announces_new_event_protocols_to_combat_covid-19