Pro Sim League Race 1

Will F.

• Members

Howdy folks! Based on the amount of registrations we've decided to cap the Pro League at 58 entries this week. We currently have 53 registered drivers so if you're on the fence, get registered before we sell out! The reg page can be found HERE. The nice thing about capping it at the iRacing session max is that we won't face any of the challenges we face with the club league knockout qualifying and iRacing will handle all the qualifying results and grid automatically. 

Over 40 cars means highest payouts from NASA in cash as well as top tier payouts from Toyo and Hawk! Looking forward to tomorrow night's action! Please make sure your liveries are all good to go in Trading Paints. 

Welcome letter will be emailed out and I will post here when they're sent out. 

Moving forward, registration for the Pro League will open up Tuesday, one week before the event, at 10AM PST, 1PM EST and will stay open until the Monday of race week at 10AM PST, 1PM EST or until the event fills up, whichever comes first. 

Cheers! 

Brandon Pantas

Since cold tire model is so aggressive now in iRacing, I had a quick suggestion that I dont know if you want to implement. Doing standing starts makes it interesting for the fans watching as some will crash more often on cold tires. For drivers, however, rolling starts to get heat in the tires a little before turn 1 would be a nice addition and limit some first lap incidents.

• Members
1 hour ago, Brandon Pantas said:

Since cold tire model is so aggressive now in iRacing, I had a quick suggestion that I dont know if you want to implement. Doing standing starts makes it interesting for the fans watching as some will crash more often on cold tires. For drivers, however, rolling starts to get heat in the tires a little before turn 1 would be a nice addition and limit some first lap incidents.

We plan to continue the standing starts for at least this round. Have you played with pressures and setup at all to make the car much better? I've not personally driven the ND recently.. I'm with you that T1L1 crashes are among the worst thing for all of us... 

Edited by Will F.
  • Like 1

There's no playing with pressures. Lowest is fastest, running anything more than that is giving up pace for no real gain. Only thing worth noting on rolling starts is tires actually get COLDER on some cars, like GT cars. All cars have tire warmers to offset the current really poor cold performance, so depending on what that starting point is you might actually end up with a worse handling car by the time the green flies 

iRacing doesn't currently model heat transfer from brakes to tire, so your best way to get heat into the tire isn't even there. 60 cars weaving aggressively on out lap has a higher chance of catastrophe than standing start imo and I hate standing starts.

Edited by cabowabo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Michael Richter

I’ve been doing a few iracing leagues over the past few years and imo things go a lot smoother when track state is started upwards of 80% or so if the session is fresh and going green flag pretty quick for a race.

Typically I see a few hours of practice,

followed by a qualifier,

then the race.

All in the same session

Carrying over track state but cleaning marbles. To leave the rubber

If there is not a few hours of practice to rubber the track I would suggest starting the track state with rubber.

This will help in a lot of these cold tire, T1L1, first lap chaos we are all so fimiliar with in Sim racing.

It won’t fix everything but it will make it a lot more comfortable for drivers imo. 
Making this adjustment has made my experience with Iracing that much better and closer to the real World.

Edited by Michael Richter
  • Thanks 1
  • Members
10 hours ago, Michael Richter said:

I’ve been doing a few iracing leagues over the past few years and imo things go a lot smoother when track state is started upwards of 80% or so if the session is fresh and going green flag pretty quick for a race.

Typically I see a few hours of practice,

followed by a qualifier,

then the race.

All in the same session

Carrying over track state but cleaning marbles. To leave the rubber

If there is not a few hours of practice to rubber the track I would suggest starting the track state with rubber.

This will help in a lot of these cold tire, T1L1, first lap chaos we are all so fimiliar with in Sim racing.

It won’t fix everything but it will make it a lot more comfortable for drivers imo. 
Making this adjustment has made my experience with Iracing that much better and closer to the real World.

Thanks for that Michael!

• Members
Welcome letters are out for tonight's Pro Sim League race! If you're entered make sure you see the email from [email protected]!
Live broadcast will start after practice as qualifying begins on the National Auto Sport Association FB page and DriveNASA YouTube channel at 9PM EST, 6PM PST.
Edited by Will F.