Door Cards

RobotRon

My car is in the progress of being modified for track use only. I have several questions that I would like to get cleared up while we have this covid 19 time. The first is that of door cards. If I still have glass in the door will door cards be required to run in HPDE2 and 3? 98 Z3 roadster image attached is before I cleaned up the wiring.

Thanks 

seatmockup.jpg

• Moderators

I do not see any restriction in the rules to run without door panels, you would want to be sure there are no sharp egdes that may cause injury.

I see a fixed back seat and no roll bar or means of attaching shoulder harnesses, will that be corrected before event?

• 5 weeks later...
  • National Staff
On 4/15/2020 at 7:05 AM, RobotRon said:

My car is in the progress of being modified for track use only. I have several questions that I would like to get cleared up while we have this covid 19 time. The first is that of door cards. If I still have glass in the door will door cards be required to run in HPDE2 and 3? 98 Z3 roadster image attached is before I cleaned up the wiring.

Thanks 

seatmockup.jpg

Your question is not exactly clear.  Are you talking about door bars as part of a roll cage?  Or, are you talking about the OEM door protection? 

You don't need them as part of an HPDE roll bar/cage, but you do for a race approved cage.  If you don't have them built into a cage, you should leave the OEM ones alone.