Jump to content
AndresPrieto

How do I Submit for Contingency?

Recommended Posts

AndresPrieto

Hi Will! 

I finished 6th on the pro race yesterday. How do I know if I need to submit for contingency base on the top 5 being compliant or not? I read the drivers need to have participated on a NASA event on the last 5 years and have the decals. Since I have complied with both I know I qualify. However, I wanted to know if we will be informed if the top 5 does? Or if one of them doesn't then I would be bumped one position for contingencies right? 

I assume the contingencies are per race right? 

Thanks!
Andres

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will F.
11 hours ago, AndresPrieto said:

Hi Will! 

I finished 6th on the pro race yesterday. How do I know if I need to submit for contingency base on the top 5 being compliant or not? I read the drivers need to have participated on a NASA event on the last 5 years and have the decals. Since I have complied with both I know I qualify. However, I wanted to know if we will be informed if the top 5 does? Or if one of them doesn't then I would be bumped one position for contingencies right? 

I assume the contingencies are per race right? 

Thanks!
Andres

Congrats on a great run Andres! We're reviewing the race and issuing penalties as needed. Once we're done with that, we'll post the official results here on the forums and you can submit for your prizes at prizes.drivenasa.com. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndresPrieto

Thanks Will. That is good to hear. However, even if they have no penalties they might not be eligible due to not racing a NASA event in the past 5 years or not having the correct livery on the cars. Wanted to know how the latest would be communicated which is after penalties. 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will F.
13 hours ago, AndresPrieto said:

Thanks Will. That is good to hear. However, even if they have no penalties they might not be eligible due to not racing a NASA event in the past 5 years or not having the correct livery on the cars. Wanted to know how the latest would be communicated which is after penalties. 

Thanks!

Great question Andres! And sorry for not addressing this for many new-to-contingencies! Each contingency will have different requirements that are spelled out in their programs at prizes.drivenasa.com. You'll want to make sure to read all of them in detail.  For example you'll have to upload a screenshot of your car with the proper stickers on it to claim. Then they are reviewed to make sure you're all good. As far as the past 5 year requirement goes, you'll have to submit your most recent receipt for a nasa entry as proof of that. If for some reason you cannot find it, email me at [email protected] and I can send you the most recent one on file for you. 

Hope this helps! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndresPrieto

Thanks again will. I am clear on all of that. Now, if a person in the top 5 fails to have participated on a NASA race or fails to have the right decals. Will I get bumped into the top 5? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will F.
9 hours ago, AndresPrieto said:

Thanks again will. I am clear on all of that. Now, if a person in the top 5 fails to have participated on a NASA race or fails to have the right decals. Will I get bumped into the top 5? 

Not having the right decals eliminates that person from claiming prizes, but does not currently disallow them from keeping their finishing position. We could reevaluate this in the future if it becomes an issue, but we're being patient with many of our folks learning how to do their own liveries or figure out Trading Paints. 

However, the 5 year NASA driver requirement does create the sliding scale you are asking about. For example, Wyatt Gooden is not a NASA driver so he is not eligible for prizes/cash payouts, so his finishing position would be skipped when we payout cash in this situation. When applicable we will be sure to check our records and contact the appropriate people outside of the official results that will claim winnings and ask for them that upload their info to claim the prize money here: https://prizes.drivenasa.com/nasa-sim-contingency-program/

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndresPrieto

Nice! This is what I wanted to know. Thanks. Have the official results been posted yet? I assume they will explicitly say who can claim prizes right?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndresPrieto

On a side note. Thanks for all of this, I help manage a sim racing league and I can relate with how much work it needs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndresPrieto

Hi Will! - Wanted to follow up on my question. Where are the official results going to be posted? Or should we upload the iRacing result page to claim the contingency? 

Thanks!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndresPrieto
1 minute ago, AndresPrieto said:

Hi Will! - Wanted to follow up on my question. Where are the official results going to be posted? Or should we upload the iRacing result page to claim the contingency? 

Thanks!

Nevermind, you said it will be posted here on the forums on your posts above. Let me know if that has changed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndresPrieto

@Will F. when will the official results going to be posted? Thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Renaud-Roland Hubert
On 5/5/2020 at 3:05 PM, AndresPrieto said:

@Will F. when will the official results going to be posted? Thanks!

I haven't seen any official results, for any races... and we are at Race #3. Are we suppose to screen shot the results from iRacing or are we expecting an official pdf from Nasa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Renaud-Roland Hubert
On 5/8/2020 at 12:29 PM, Renaud-Roland Hubert said:

I haven't seen any official results, for any races... and we are at Race #3. Are we suppose to screen shot the results from iRacing or are we expecting an official pdf from Nasa?

Bump!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eddyfb

Also since the race tonight had 2 splits (35 + 14) that still counts as 40+ entries for Toyo bucks, right? I got 5th and am not sure whether I got any or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndresPrieto

@Will F. any news on posting official results? Seasons are re-starting soon and I would like to use some of the contingencies I have won to get tires. 

Thanks! 

Andres

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...