Potential Club League Car Revision

Will F.

Potential Revision of cars used in Club League  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see for the cars used in the Club League? Please keep in mind more cars means more required livery work and test time!

• Stick with the current schedule
    • Alternate CTSV and GMX5 every week
    • GMX5 only

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/20 at 11:00 PM

• Members

Hey folks,

After several discussions, we're considering changing the cars used in the Club League. Please keep in mind different cars still require a compliant livery so that means more resources spent on lieries as well as testing for you to get used to the car. 

Thanks for chiming in! 

WorkInProgressk

Some of the lower class GT cars would make a lot of sense following what people drive in real life. Mustang, Kia, Jetta, RS3 and Cayman can be closer to what a real Nasa event would be. Also we could multiclass and race more than 1 series per race as it's the usual during a NASA event.

Martin Usher

as for cars doing another livery i can start to see why people would go for CBT 

i voted for GMX5 even tho i already have the the legacy livery done : (  otherwise my vote wouldnt have contributed  lol

hosting a practice this wednesday all details here  in the discord link below

https://discord.gg/7vWJwFP

Edited by Martin Usher
  • Thanks 1
PhilUsher

Things to know for future reference:

1. Hosting a User Created Race: On a Sunday allow 10 minutes (plus) for your race to show up.  IOW if you plan the race start at 2 then launch at 1:50 and allow for a chunk of practice to be eaten by iRacing delay of participant entry.
  2.  Admin:  If you are an admin you can expect iRacing to produce an error when you try to register.
  3. Scheduling: Probably best to schedule events at least a week in advance.
  4. Communication: In game comms are not ideal.  Recommend use of discord.
  • Thanks 1
On 4/23/2020 at 4:57 PM, WorkInProgressk said:

Some of the lower class GT cars would make a lot of sense following what people drive in real life. Mustang, Kia, Jetta, RS3 and Cayman can be closer to what a real Nasa event would be. Also we could multiclass and race more than 1 series per race as it's the usual during a NASA event.

+1

• Thanks 1
On 4/25/2020 at 10:08 AM, Alex Schwartzenberger said:

+1 for Spec Miata and Spec Iron to reflect what is usually out there on the weekend. 

+2

• 2 weeks later...
Matthew Gracy

Looking forward, I recommend keeping the Legacy Mazda MX-5 Cup car for Lime Rock and the Radical SR8 for Daytona. I've been practicing those tracks with those cars and I have to say, the NC is a much easier car to drive than the ND. The slides are way more predictable and less likely to come around, unlike the ND. As for the Radical, that thing is so quick and fun to drive. Having some decent aero effects makes a big difference. Overall, I just think it's fun to mix things up a bit.