SergioMarron

LSD. Clutch or Helical or?

SergioMarron

Hello everyone, I just sold my BNIB DC2 Type R transmission and I'm building a Kswapped Civic for H2...

1: For Road Racing , what type of limited slip differential works best for road coarses: helical or clutch type1.5 way or clutch type 2 way other?

2: Which brand of LSD is more durable and maintenance free;  Quaife, MFactory, Kaaz, OBX, other? 

Thanks..

Marcel D.
Posted (edited)

Hello Sergio, 

I guess you have not received an answer yet. 

For what I have experimented with, a plate diff works better for road racing for my application. I am talking only about me. I like the power that the plate Mfactory applies. I tune it to a 60% 1 way and I like the feeling it gives from mid corner to exit. Maintenance would be more on this since it seems that the material are not top quality. After opening the diff I can see wear on the cage. 

I have tried Kaaz also and I like it although the feel is less than the Mfactory. Quaife is  helical not plate and I think this is the one that other companies used to copy their helical design. 

wave track is neither helical nor plate but hybrid. 

In my opinion if you want the best, go with OS giken. They will tune it for you based on your car weight, power, tires, etc. 

A one way, one and a half or two is depending on your personal taste. I just like 1 way at 60% engagement. Other guys might like different. 

Marcel. 

Edited by Marcel D.

SergioMarron

Thanks for your input...

I'll look into an OS Giken and MFactory.

Thanks

14 hours ago, Marcel D. said:

Hello Sergio, 

I guess you have not received an answer yet. 

For what I have experimented with, a plate diff works better for road racing for my application. I am talking only about me. I like the power that the plate Mfactory applies. I tune it to a 60% 1 way and I like the feeling it gives from mid corner to exit. Maintenance would be more on this since it seems that the material are not top quality. After opening the diff I can see wear on the cage. 

I have tried Kaaz also and I like it although the feel is less than the Mfactory. Quaife is  helical not plate and I think this is the one that other companies used to copy their helical design. 

wave track is neither helical nor plate but hybrid. 

In my opinion if you want the best, go with OS giken. They will tune it for you based on your car weight, power, tires, etc. 

A one way, one and a half or two is depending on your personal taste. I just like 1 way at 60% engagement. Other guys might like different. 

Marcel.