Toyo Contingency - 275 size open class

PCSkiBum_21

Am I reading the payout schedule details correctly, there is no payout for open tire classes with a size 275 Toyo? If so, what is the logic and explanation behind this?

409421263_ScreenShot2020-07-17at11_17_19AM.thumb.png.247cf3d8bc2879b9922ad4f1c0dc5b62.png

• National Staff

Some of the considerations used to determine payouts is the demand for that size, up until recently there has not been any interest in having 275s added to the contingency program. With the recent inquiries both here and privately prompted me to reach out to Toyo and see if that size can get added to the program. 

As of 7/20 I have preliminary approval from Toyo to get the 275mm tire approved in Open Class programs. It will take a few weeks to get the back end updated for the Toyo 360 Team but drivers who are running 275s in open class should be able to claim for contingency

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Aldrin V. said:

Some of the considerations used to determine payouts is the demand for that size, up until recently there has not been any interest in having 275s added to the contingency program. With the recent inquiries both here and privately prompted me to reach out to Toyo and see if that size can get added to the program. 

As of 7/20 I have preliminary approval from Toyo to get the 275mm tire approved in Open Class programs. It will take a few weeks to get the back end updated for the Toyo 360 Team but drivers who are running 275s in open class should be able to claim for contingency

Thanks!

Fantastic news, thanks Aldrin!

Aldrin,

Thanks for your support.  As the 275 is the maximum tire size allowed for NASA ST4 class there are quite a few competitors running this size.  We will be switching to Toyo's for the upcoming 6 hour Enduro race in Utah.

"Team Fight CANCER" / J.R. Smith Racing