Calling all TTA and TTU cars...

Red Tornado

was curious what kind of machines we have running in the class. I figure it should be two fun classes.

I will likely make the move up from TTA and run in TTU. Thus can run a little more power, alot more tire, and a little more suspension and have some points to spare.

Have the plan though to run at 34 points (or max of TTU) if I have the motivation and the bonus.

*Raising Hand*

Looks like TTA, although I don't plan on making all the events due to a crazy work schedule. I'm looking forward to the crossover events and I'd like to participate in enough days to be able to go to Nationals in Sept. I think it's important for all of us to support the first year of NASA Nationals.

I have a laundry list of things that need to be done to the car and since none have been started yet, I'm iffy on the CA Speedway event. Which is one of my favorite

And yes, Andy, it's going to be a very competitive year. I'm not sure how many points I'm going to have to take for the flux-capacitor I'm integrating into the car, but it'll be worth it.

The flux capacitor. Classic.

I also need to get my butt in gear and get car ready.

Hell just at least an oil change, pads, and rotors minimum.

After much debating back and forth, Greg has put our Factory Five Cobra in TTU. We will mostly run in AZ, but probably one or two events in So Cal.

Sounds like they'll be some pretty stiff competition with all the Z06's and hot rodded STI/EVOs.

Kerry - Isnt that classic - if you make your car AI legal, it goes into TTA. Versus pushed into TTU. Whether you make it AI legal or not, seems kinda odd. Meaning, what is the car capable of, in terms of lap times and overall performance??

Okay Patrick - I am adding Warp-Drive to keep up..... My car is AI legal so even though I add the warp-drive, I will still be able to drive with you in TTA.... ha.....

Kerry - Isnt that classic - if you make your car AI legal, it goes into TTA. Versus pushed into TTU. Whether you make it AI legal or not, seems kinda odd. Meaning, what is the car capable of, in terms of lap times and overall performance??

I think the car is capable of 1:32/31 at WSIR if all condtions are perfect and someone like Ryan Walton was driving. I've turned a 1:33 once and lots of 1:34's. I'm still down in the power to weight ratio for an AI car and not really even maxed out as far a mods are allowed for that series.

For AI, a consistant 1.33.xx will keep you in the running, with a few 1.32's mixed in.... my best time is a 1.32.4x and I could just about consistantly run that... but my car was about 120lbs heavier that Ryan W and Gary U. and that day they were running low 1.32's to mid 1.31's.

However, in TTA, with guys like Patrick in his fast Audi, at WS, we will about get smoked.... I believe he was running sub-1.30's, and I know at CalSpeedway he was running a 1.51.xx and I ran a 1.54.xx, and at Infineon/Sears he ran a 1.51.xx and I was around a 1.56.xx I think....

My car weighs around 3200lbs fueled with driver, which puts me at about 9.7 HP/WGHT ratio. (about 330 RWHP)

andy

• National Staff
For AI, a consistant 1.33.xx will keep you in the running, with a few 1.32's mixed in.... my best time is a 1.32.4x and I could just about consistantly run that... but my car was about 120lbs heavier that Ryan W and Gary U. and that day they were running low 1.32's to mid 1.31's.

However, in TTA, with guys like Patrick in his fast Audi, at WS, we will about get smoked.... I believe he was running sub-1.30's, and I know at CalSpeedway he was running a 1.51.xx and I ran a 1.54.xx, and at Infineon/Sears he ran a 1.51.xx and I was around a 1.56.xx I think....

My car weighs around 3200lbs fueled with driver, which puts me at about 9.7 HP/WGHT ratio. (about 330 RWHP)

andy

Andy,

Pat's fastest time at WSIR last year in TT was a 1:31.21. Russ knocked out the high 1:29, but I doubt his car will be TTA legal this year? If you ran a 1:32.4 at WSIR, I think you could probably get down to a 1:52 at Cal Speedway and 1:52 to 1:53 at Infineon with more seat time there. Infineon especially is one of those tracks that you pick up more speed by seat time than by car mods. I'm not sure how much seat time you've had at Cal Speedway, but I ran a 1:54.xx there also, and that was with my tired engine that I replaced (and my fastest at WSIR is a 1:33.9--one and a half seconds slower than you). So, if you can find another second at WSIR, you are right there with Pat.

I ain't scared.....

I talked to Keith tonight also, I realized at Calspeedway that I was really pussy-footing it around NASCAR 1 and 2... I could probably cut down 1 to 2 seconds at that track.... and I am positive I will be getting down to a 1.31.xx at WSIR.....

... I am just making Controversy in preparation for the 2006 season....

andy

Well, if you ask me, at tracks like WSIR the advantage goes to the mustangs of the world. However, at tracks like buttonwillow, Infineon and that slick CA Speedway infield, the AWD can be advantageous. It's a moot point right now since my car may or may not be ready for CA Speedway, much less WSIR next month

• National Staff
It's a moot point right now since my car may or may not be ready for CA Speedway, much less WSIR next month

I've heard that it takes a while to install one of those flux capacitors--especially the German models.

It's a moot point right now since my car may or may not be ready for CA Speedway, much less WSIR next month

I've heard that it takes a while to install one of those flux capacitors--especially the German models.

Yaaaaaaah, yaaaaaah. I think it has something to do with the farfugnugen (sp?) getting in the way.

• Members
Dude, try installing one of these warp-drive units in a freakin 4.6L cobra

Heres your tip: You need 2 of them for it to work right.

I'm still in TTA but will not be competing for points this year. This will be a travelling year for me.

Of course, I can't miss California Speedway in March. I'll be with the Arizona Region at Phoenix, with No. California at Thunderhill and Infineon and, of course, I'll drive the local tracks Willow Springs and Buttonwillow. I will also attend a race school this year.

I was tempted to go to the new Miller Motorsports Park near Salt Lake City with the Rocky Mountain Region but this year is booked so I will go next year.

I'm looking forward to a fun year.

I'll be in TTU Norcal. Here is a link to some pics. (double click each) http://www.teamfc3s.org/forum/members_cars.php?disp=photos&car_id=562 I ran some sub 2:00 laps at T'Hill, with a best/Track record of 1:58.4, and two firsts in the last event there. My car is not super reliable, and my work schedule will only allow about half the events. Rules will most likely keep me in TTU vs PTU (TTR). Carl #77 RX7