2021 Contingency Program Availability and Updates

• National Staff
Aldrin V.
Posted (edited)

Here you will find a list of all available contingency programs for the 2021 Race Season. This will be updated frequently as new programs become available on prizes.drivenasa.com. We suggest to check back often and subscribe to this thread to receive the most up to date information. 

This thread will be monitored constantly and should the need arise to create a dedicated contingency thread for a specific program we will do so as needed. 

2/26/2021 UPDATE:

We are working on getting more contingency programs for the 2021 Season. Check back often for updates

All programs unless otherwise noted are allowing retroactive claims from the first events of the 2021 season. 

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE REACH OUT ON #DRIVENASA COMMUNITY FORUMS

PENDING PROGRAMS

Raybestos - TBD 2021

Ford Performance - TBD 2021

CURRENTLY AVAILABLE PROGRAMS - REGIONAL RACING

Toyo Tires - Active

Hawk Performance - Active 

Hoosier Tires - Active

Hankook Tires - Active

Frozen RotorsActive

Nissan Nismo Motorsport - Active

Mazda Motorsport - Active

MCS Suspension Active

Titan 7 Wheels - Active

Maxxis Tires - Active

CURRENTLY AVAILABLE PROGRAMS - HPDE AWARDS PROGRAM

Hawk HPDE Awards - Active

Toyo Tires HPDE Awards - Active

CURRENTLY AVAILABLE PROGRAMS - Teen Mazda Challenge

Toyo Tires - Active

Mazda Motorsport - Active

Hawk Performance - Active

CURRENTLY AVAILABLE PROGRAMS - ENDURANCE RACING + TREC

Toyo Tires - Active

CURRENTLY AVAILABLE PROGRAMS - 2021 NASA Championships

Toyo Tires - Active

Edited by Aldrin V.
  • National Staff
Aldrin V.
On 1/3/2021 at 6:13 AM, UrbanKnight said:

So for NASA events on January, there is no contingency?

All programs that go live this month will be available to events in January

Most programs will retroactively process claims for events where the contingency program was not live as we have done with Toyo and Hawk in the past. 

UrbanKnight
52 minutes ago, Aldrin V. said:

All programs that go live this month will be available to events in January

Most programs will retroactively process claims for events where the contingency program was not live as we have done with Toyo and Hawk in the past. 

So Hoosier is a no go for January then?

• National Staff
Aldrin V.
5 minutes ago, UrbanKnight said:

So Hoosier is a no go for January then?

Details are currently pending for those programs. We will try to have everything up as soon as possible

NorcalTT

Hi - Any updates on this?  Understandable that all programs may not be finalized, but perhaps there are some programs that have been and those details could be posted for 2021?   For season planning that would be helpful, but also understand that there are likely issues out of your hands that are slowing the process down. 

NorcalTT
12 minutes ago, UrbanKnight said:

Hoosier released their program details.  

Do you have a link?  I was not able to find it on the site or at the link from the original post.

• 2 weeks later...
TheGreenMachine

Hankook is noticeably absent from this list. They were great to deal with in 2020. Any hopes seeing them here again?

I just talked with Tim at Hoosier who mentioned that the Hoosier contingency should be ready soon - just in time for the NASA Florida 2021 season opener at Homestead.

• National Staff
Aldrin V.
On 1/20/2021 at 2:37 PM, TheGreenMachine said:

Hankook is noticeably absent from this list. They were great to deal with in 2020. Any hopes seeing them here again?

We are working on more programs for this year and Hankook is on the list for sure

20 hours ago, Joshua said:

I just talked with Tim at Hoosier who mentioned that the Hoosier contingency should be ready soon - just in time for the NASA Florida 2021 season opener at Homestead.

That is correct, I have the finalized details for the Hoosier Program. This will be up on our program page shortly

Streetmasters

Hi, How is Toyo looking for 2021 contingency? I may have missed it but not seeing anything updated. If they are retroactive how do they verify everything? Thank you

Edited by Streetmasters
  • National Staff
Aldrin V.
2 hours ago, Streetmasters said:

Hi, How is Toyo looking for 2021 contingency? I may have missed it but not seeing anything updated. If they are retroactive how do they verify everything? Thank you

We are still finalizing the details for the 2021 Toyo Program. Toyo historically allows drivers to claim for events eariler in the season before the program was active. The claims are verified by NASA using official results

Stay tuned for more info!

Hi Aldrin,

Our event is in 2 days and there are 5 cars in my class. Hoping to be able to register for contingency before then. Any updates?

Honda Chick 81

Hi!

Hoping there is an update soon on contingencies! We had our first event 2 weeks ago and our 2nd event is in 2 weeks. I understand that things are underway and that they will still honor submissions for older events. The tricky part is not knowing the requirements for each one and then not having those said requirements in place for a race that occurred before the info was released. 

Thanks!

Melissa

NorcalTT

With February upon us, any update on progress?  If not fully baked, it may help to give some indication of progress or background on what we can expect.  

• National Staff
Aldrin V.

Programs are becoming available starting today. We will make them live as they become approved. 

All programs unless otherwise noted are allowing retroactive claims from the first events of the 2021 season. 

The Hankook registration form stops at ST3/TT3, there is no mention that 4 would be excluded on their program details. Is this a error on their registration? 

• National Staff
Aldrin V.
2 hours ago, TNT149 said:

The Hankook registration form stops at ST3/TT3, there is no mention that 4 would be excluded on their program details. Is this a error on their registration? 

The Hankook Program offers Contingency prizes for their Z214 and F200 Tires. The F200 are NON-DOT-R Slicks. Non-DOT-R tires are not allowed in ST4/ST5. But it looks like the Z214 tires are allowed in ST4 using the "Adjusted Weight/Pwr Ratio" 

I have fixed the registration form to allow for ST4/TT4

Thanks

Edited by Aldrin V.

The Hankook Z214 should be usable in TT5 as well, correct.  Unless I'm missing something, can you add that to the form as well?

I just tried to submit my information for the Nissan Contingency. I would told that we are missing two pages from the application form that is posted. 

• National Staff
Aldrin V.
1 hour ago, TNT149 said:

I just tried to submit my information for the Nissan Contingency. I would told that we are missing two pages from the application form that is posted. 

Sorry about that. Fixed 

Here is the Nissan Registration Link for 2021 - https://prizes.drivenasa.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/2021-Nismo-Registration-.pdf