2021 Contingency Program Availability and Updates

Aldrin V.

• National Staff
30 minutes ago, Robertmesmer said:

MCS

Fixed and added. You should be able to register now

thank you,  how do I go about getting decals or stickers prior to the event so they can be put on my vehicle ahead of time?

• National Staff
6 minutes ago, Robertmesmer said:

thank you,  how do I go about getting decals or stickers prior to the event so they can be put on my vehicle ahead of time?

You can contact your Regional Director to see if they have decals they can send. Or you can contact the contingency sponsor directly for decals. 

I am trying to register for MCS and they are asking for proof of purchase for the shocks. Well for the NP01 the MCS shocks are spec'd for the vehicle. Is there anyway to go around that to complete the registration?

• National Staff
22 hours ago, rrounkle said:

Any plans for Honda contingency this season?

As of right now, we do not have any plans with Honda but we are actively working on bring them back into the program for NASA drivers. We hope to have some news in the near future

• National Staff
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Aldrin V. said:

As of right now, we do not have any plans with Honda but we are actively working on bring them back into the program for NASA drivers. We hope to have some news in the near future

@RobertmesmerYou can upload an image of your NP01 as that will be an acceptable form of proof

Edited by Aldrin V.

On 4/12/2021 at 3:01 PM, Aldrin V. said:

Fixed and added. You should be able to register now

when I registered Bobby I entered Great Lakes Region. He is actually  in the Northeast Region, how can I get the registration change ?

• National Staff
3 hours ago, Robertmesmer said:

when I registered Bobby I entered Great Lakes Region. He is actually  in the Northeast Region, how can I get the registration change ?

No need to do anything on your end. I edited your the registration and changed the Region

Any updates on Raybestos. Still have their stickers on my car. But if they are not coming back I might as well get some hawks bucks instead. 

• National Staff
On 4/17/2021 at 6:52 PM, 96Formula6spd said:

Any updates on Raybestos. Still have their stickers on my car. But if they are not coming back I might as well get some hawks bucks instead. 

Unfortunately, I have not heard anything back from Raybestos.

8 hours ago, Aldrin V. said:

Unfortunately, I have not heard anything back from Raybestos.

Well sent the contact I had an email. Got cmp in a few weeks and debating changing stickers. 

I had a quick question about the Hawk Contingency... It says it's for Regional + Endurance series. Does that include TREC since it's also a endurance series? I didn't see anything in the redemption for that selection.

Thanks!

• National Staff
20 hours ago, Jason Scott said:

I had a quick question about the Hawk Contingency... It says it's for Regional + Endurance series. Does that include TREC since it's also a endurance series? I didn't see anything in the redemption for that selection.

Thanks!

Hey Jason, 

Yes that is correct, TREC is an endurance racing class and qualifies for endurance contingency programs unless otherwise noted.

You can just choose your TREC Class and select "regional competition" 

Thanks!

• Members
On 4/19/2021 at 7:56 PM, 96Formula6spd said:

Well sent the contact I had an email. Got cmp in a few weeks and debating changing stickers. 

I've had terrible luck with redeeming my claims with them. They never have what I want in stock. I've basically given up on my Oct 2020 claim. They'll give you truck pads all day though. It'd be a great program of they could go good on the contingency claims.

• National Staff

Raybestos/Brake Parts Inc is a HUGE company with many kinds of product offerings. When we first introduced this program a few years ago the "motorsports" department was a very small team and knew that the first few years was going to be exploratory to find out what applications would be the most popular with NASA members.

As the program grew in popularity Raybestos was going to ramp up new offerings and had opened up a new manufacturing plant to make High Performance street/specialty and Motorsports pads. But with the recent acquisition of Stoptech/Centric, The Pandemic and the shuffling of the "motorsports" department the program unfortunately could not sustain itself. 

I am currently working with Raybestos to see if we can come up with a program for NASA drivers this year. I am very aware of the enthusiasm surrounding the ST compounds and I will do everything that I can to bring this program back for NASA Racers!

Porterfield Brakes can cut or reshape the backing plates on the pads, so if you could get a one close to your application they could shape it to fit. Its not the ideal situation, but it isnt the first time I have heard of people doing that. 

Yeah claims with Raybestos took a long time. Mostly we run them on our lemons car so it was nice to offset cost. I tried them on my TT car and was ok with the st45. But we love the st43 for the lemons miata. Was going to continue that with my car. However it now has hawks stickers again. 

• 1 month later...

I submitted two Hawk contingency forms for the last event in NorCal.

One was approved and one denied. I realize that I submitted twice for each car in error.

I finished 1st both days and my son finished 3rd both days. We each drove different cars.

I’m not sure if I submitted the form incorrectly 

please advise

Thx

Bruce Pendleton 

• National Staff
On 8/17/2021 at 2:12 PM, Bruce Pendleton said:

I submitted two Hawk contingency forms for the last event in NorCal.

One was approved and one denied. I realize that I submitted twice for each car in error.

I finished 1st both days and my son finished 3rd both days. We each drove different cars.

I’m not sure if I submitted the form incorrectly 

please advise

Thx

Bruce Pendleton 

Hello Bruce, 

You son will need to submit his claim for 1 of the days as you can only claim for 1 race day per weekend event. You should have received your code and nothing further is needed from you

Please DM me if you have any additional questions

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • National Staff
On 9/22/2021 at 8:31 AM, Robertmesmer said:

where do I attach my documents for the MAZDA Contingency?

Mazda requires drivers to mail in supporting documents to Mazda HQ. You can find the address and instructions on the claim form located here https://prizes.drivenasa.com/mazda-motorsports-contingency-program/