2021 NASA Championships FAQ

• National Staff
Marie A.

Q: What is the name of the event?

A: NASA Championships presented by Toyo Tires.

Q: Which track configuration is being used?

A: Road Race Layout

Q: How do I qualify for the Championships?

A: 2021 Racing Requirements

• Five points paying races (or competing at 3 weekends).
  • Up to two TT points days count towards two of the 5 races
  • Enduro of any length three hours or more counts as two races
  • Any registered team member planning to compete must complete the qualifications individually.

2021 Time Trial Requirements

• Four TT points days
  • Racers who also want to compete in TT must meet the racing requirements plus the TT requirements. If utilizing two TT points days to qualify for racing requirements only an additional two TT points days are required to meet the TT requirements.

Q: Do I have to qualify for the Championships before I register?

A: No. You can register and then meet the requirements through out the remainder of the season. 

Q: When will registration open?

A: March of 2021

Q: What is the cancellation policy?

A: Easy Pay Option ($299) is NOT refundable. You may cancel but your deposit is forfeit. 

A Competitor may withdraw from the event and receive a refund by giving written notice of cancellation via email, no later than August 31st, 2021. The entry fee amount minus a $95 handling fee will be refunded. There will be no exceptions to this policy. Send cancellation notification to [email protected]

Q: Where can I find other NASA Rules and Forms?

A: Rules    Forms

Q: Where can I find the Schedule?

A: When the schedule is complete (Early August), it will be posted on the nasa championships website. 

Q: Will there be a test day?

A: Yes. Thursday September the 16th. Cost - $349

Q: Where can I find the list of people who have entered?

A:  Here

Q: I have entered but I need to correct the information that is showing for me on the entry list. Who do I contact?

A: Submit a request HERE and someone will get back to you ASAP.

Q: I paid for parking and I'd like to request a space next to another competitor. Who do I contact?

A: Submit a request HERE and someone will get back to you ASAP.

Q: Does Daytona have RV hookups?

A: Yes. They can be purchased on the registration page. 

Paved RV Lot - Includes power and water:

$149 – 40'X20' includes power and water - 1 Space

$249 - 40'X40' includes power and water - 2 Spaces

$329 - 40'X60' includes power and water - 3 Spaces

$399 - 40'X80' includes power and water - 4 Spaces

See a map of the RV lot HERE

Q: When can I arrive?

A: Competitors may arrive as early as Tuesday but you will be required to park in a grass lot just inside Gate 40. No electrical or water will be available. 

Q: When will event move in begin?

A: Move in will begin on Wednesday afternoon. (specific times to be posted soon)

Q: When do I have to be out of the facility?

A: Competitors will be permitted to stay at the facility on Sunday night if needed. You will be asked to move from your paddock space inside the facility back into the grass lot next to gate 40.

Q: Who will be providing tire service?

A: Track Day Tire 

Q: Are dogs allowed at Daytona?

A: Yes, but they must be on a leash. Not allowed inside of the garages. 

Q: Will golf carts be available to rent?

A: Yes

Edited by Marie A.
  • Marie A. pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
Hard Code Racing

Will a map of the garages and paid paddock spaces be made available prior to the opening of registration?

On 2/15/2021 at 3:48 PM, Marie A. said:

Q: What is the name of the event?

A: NASA Championships presented by Toyo Tires.

Q: Which track configuration is being used?

A: Road Race Layout

Q: How do I qualify for the Championships?

A: 2021 Racing Requirements

• Five points paying races (or competing at 3 weekends).
  • Up to two TT points days count towards two of the 5 races
  • Enduro of any length three hours or more counts as two races
  • Any registered team member planning to compete must complete the qualifications individually.

2021 Time Trial Requirements

• Four TT points days
  • Racers who also want to compete in TT must meet the racing requirements plus the TT requirements. If utilizing two TT points days to qualify for racing requirements only an additional two TT points days are required to meet the TT requirements.

Q: Where can I find other NASA Rules and Forms?

A: Rules    Forms

Q: Where can I find the Schedule?

A: When the schedule is complete, it will be posted on the nasa championships website. 

Q: When will registration open?

A: March of 2021

Nick Harwood

Is there a refund policy?

Are paddock spaces (truck, trailer, race car) mandatory to purchase to work out of the trailer? Is there free parking?

Sydwayz Racing
2 hours ago, Sydwayz Racing said:

Can we get some details on what "RV Parking" means with regards to POWER?
Does 4 spaces side by side mean there are four 50 AMP connectors and four water spigots?  30 AMP connectors?  Less?

We need details to figure out how we want to team up.  

Confirmed.
4 spots means 4 spots side by side. 40' Long and 20' wide, EACH.   For a total of 40x80. 
And that means 4 power poles and 4 water hookups.

• Like 1
Matt Engel

Will we be able to move out/leave the track Monday morning?  Or must we be gone from the track Sunday night?

• Like 1
TBGRacing

Do any crew passes come with entry registration? Or, do they have to be purchased in addition to the entry registration? I see there is an option to purchase additional passes.

lobsterroboto
7 hours ago, Matt Engel said:

Will we be able to move out/leave the track Monday morning?  Or must we be gone from the track Sunday night?

second this question.   

• National Staff
Marie A.
On 3/15/2021 at 12:15 PM, Nick Harwood said:

Is there a refund policy?

Are paddock spaces (truck, trailer, race car) mandatory to purchase to work out of the trailer? Is there free parking?

Cancellation Policy

Easy Pay Option ($299) is NOT refundable. You may cancel but your deposit is forfeit. 

A Competitor may withdraw from the event and receive a refund by giving written notice of cancellation via email, no later than August 31st, 2021. The entry fee amount minus a $95 handling fee will be refunded. There will be no exceptions to this policy. Send cancellation notification to [email protected]

There is free parking in multiple grass areas around the track. If you would like paved parking there are multiple different levels to chose from. 50X20, 60X20, 80X30, garages and the RV lot. 

• National Staff
Marie A.
8 hours ago, Matt Engel said:

You will be required to move to the grass lot near gate 40 but you can park there overnight to leave on Monday. 

• Like 1
  • National Staff
Marie A.
8 hours ago, TBGRacing said:

Do any crew passes come with entry registration? Or, do they have to be purchased in addition to the entry registration? I see there is an option to purchase additional passes.

2 crew passes come with a full paid entry. If you need additional those may be purchased. 

• National Staff
Marie A.
On 3/20/2021 at 6:14 AM, CRallo said:

How are car numbers "rights" decided?

Whoever registers first will be granted rights to the number. If there are duplicate numbers that need to be addressed you will each receive an email stating who signed up first along with a request for the other participant to change their number. 

• 3 weeks later...
jlabrie

Hi Marie.  Any estimate as to when you'll have the Schedule published?  I'm not being pushy, just asking. ;-) 

• National Staff
Marie A.
3 hours ago, jlabrie said:

Hi Marie.  Any estimate as to when you'll have the Schedule published?  I'm not being pushy, just asking. ;-)

We do our best to have the schedule posted in early August. We have to wait until the mass majority of entries come in before we can set the race groups otherwise last min entires come in and really mess with the car counts of each group. It is quite a balancing act. We know you all want the schedule as soon as possible so that you can plan accordingly but we have to hold out in order to keep the groups balanced.  

CDRacing

Two probably silly questions, but I just want to be absolutely sure. I'm planning on bringing two cars & staying in our trailer; if I purchase a 40x60 space in the RV lot, are we allowed to keep race cars in there or is that strictly for RV's?  

The other question, I'm planning on running in SE46 & H1 with the two different cars. The way the supersizing option reads is I can apply one of the classes to this, as it is a second race class, however the only option for a supersize race entry is in one of the ST classes. 

Thanks for the help Marie

Edited by CDRacing
  • National Staff
Marie A.
On 4/26/2021 at 11:31 PM, CDRacing said:

Two probably silly questions, but I just want to be absolutely sure. I'm planning on bringing two cars & staying in our trailer; if I purchase a 40x60 space in the RV lot, are we allowed to keep race cars in there or is that strictly for RV's?  

The other question, I'm planning on running in SE46 & H1 with the two different cars. The way the supersizing option reads is I can apply one of the classes to this, as it is a second race class, however the only option for a supersize race entry is in one of the ST classes. 

Thanks for the help Marie

No such thing as a silly question. You may park your cars in your RV space as long as there is room and you don't intrude into anyone elses space. 

The most common super size is always ST, hence why we have it set up that way. If you'd like to supersize into the two classes you mentioned above give me a call and I can assist you with your registration over the phone. We get so few that we simply handle them on a case by case basis.  (510-680-2854)