2021 NASA Championships FAQ

Marie A.

• National Staff
On 6/15/2021 at 6:44 AM, 02Roushstage3 said:

Marie,

I wanted to clarify eligibility for Championships. If i have 4 out of the 5 required now, does the remaining event need to be completed prior to Daytona or could it be done say in October at Watkins Glen and still count towards the requirement?

Thanks,
Mike

All eligibility requirements should be met prior to the championship event. 

Will the TT groups all be on track at the Same time or will the Groups be Split due to size or closing speeds? if so how will the groups be split?

• Like 1

• National Staff
On 6/15/2021 at 6:44 AM, 02Roushstage3 said:

Marie,

I wanted to clarify eligibility for Championships. If i have 4 out of the 5 required now, does the remaining event need to be completed prior to Daytona or could it be done say in October at Watkins Glen and still count towards the requirement?

Thanks,
Mike

All qualifications should be completed before the championships event.

• Members

What are the minimum amount of entries and/or starters for a race to be considered a championship?

• National Staff
3 hours ago, Chad M. said:

What are the minimum amount of entries and/or starters for a race to be considered a championship?

Q: What happens if there are less than 3 people registered for my class?

A: We will close registration on August 31st. All drivers who are registered by that time will be able to compete in their class so long as there are 3 drivers or more. If there are less than 3 drivers on August 31st the drivers will be contacted and given the option to switch classes or withdraw from the event. If drivers had more than 3 participants in their class at the two week mark but then in the two weeks leading up to the event other drivers cancel or switch classes we will allow all drivers that want to remain in that class (even if there are less than 3) to compete in their class. All drivers that switched or cancelled within the 2 weeks who did not actually drive at the event will be listed in the results as DNS or DNF. Any class changes after August 31st will require from the event director and the TT/ST director.

• National Staff

Yes, the dynos will be setup and ready for testing Thursday morning. We will send out more info via email on how to sign up for dyno time.

Will the TT groups all be on track at the Same time or will the Groups be Split due to size or closing speeds? if so how will the groups be split give the lack of people in TT3-TT6?

• National Staff
15 minutes ago, Dunzcon said:

Will the TT groups all be on track at the Same time or will the Groups be Split due to size or closing speeds? if so how will the groups be split give the lack of people in TT3-TT6?

We are starting to work on the schedule now as we believe a majority of the participants are now registered. Traditionally we have had two TT groups. We will look at the number of people registered in each class and split based upon numbers and closing speeds. Stay tuned and we will have a schedule posted in the next couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

Marie,

How many compliance dynos will be available on site?   If there are multiple dynos - will everyone in the same class test on the same dyno?

Will there be a process to reserve a time slot in advance with them?

• National Staff
On 8/5/2021 at 2:41 PM, GoBlue said:

Marie,

How many compliance dynos will be available on site?   If there are multiple dynos - will everyone in the same class test on the same dyno?

@Hank P. You wanna jump in?

• National Staff
On 7/1/2021 at 1:59 PM, Chad M. said:

There must be at least 3 cars registered by Aug 31st.

Q: What happens if there are less than 3 people registered for my class?

A: We will close registration on August 31st. All drivers who are registered by that time will be able to compete in their class so long as there are 3 drivers or more. If there are less than 3 drivers on August 31st the drivers will be contacted and given the option to switch classes or withdraw from the event. If drivers had more than 3 participants in their class at the two week mark but then in the two weeks leading up to the event other drivers cancel or switch classes we will allow all drivers that want to remain in that class (even if there are less than 3) to compete in their class. All drivers that switched or cancelled within the 2 weeks who did not actually drive at the event will be listed in the results as DNS or DNF. Any class changes after August 31st will require approval from the event director and the TT/ST director.

When will the race clock start? When pace car rolls off grid for the formation lap or when the first green flag of the session is thrown?

When is the schedule coming out? We were told early August and it's now mid. Just have a lot of things that are dependent on schedule and need to make adjustments since we're now down to a month till we leave.

• Like 1

• National Staff
On 8/13/2021 at 2:31 PM, PAEracing said:

When is the schedule coming out? We were told early August and it's now mid. Just have a lot of things that are dependent on schedule and need to make adjustments since we're now down to a month till we leave.

Doing everything we can to get this sent out today!

• Like 1

• National Staff
On 8/10/2021 at 10:47 AM, Richard Hilleman said:

Is there an address I can use to ship tires and parts to the race track?

Richard Hilleman

This has now been added to the FAQ. 

If competitors are on site and able to sign for the items, then the address to Gate 40 is 257 S. Williamson Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114. 

If items are being sent and group/individual is not on site to accept, then it will need to go to the mailroom. Address is 1801 W. International Speedway Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114. Anything going to the mailroom must have a contact name, phone number and NASA event listed on the label. The mailroom is not on the property so competitors must be able to pick-up on their own.  Hours of the mailroom are Mon- Friday 8:30am- 4pm, it is not open weekends.  If competitors need to pick up on Sat or Sun then they should arrange for it to be sent and held at the local FedEx and UPS locations in Daytona Beach.

On 8/17/2021 at 11:54 AM, Marie A. said:

Doing everything we can to get this sent out today!

Good morning everyone.
I'm new to National and looking forward to learn form some of the fastest drivers in the country.

I've received the email with the tentative schedule. Thanks for this!

I'd like to point out before it becomes official that the " division between the 2 TT groups (G & F) maybe could be adjusted

one group ,as today, has 32 cars (group G) the other has 21 cars (group F)

I've never been in Daytona, but have done FONTANA autoclub and the differences in max speed between the first 3 TT (U 1 and 2) and the last 2 can be very high.

I see is very difficult putting TTU TT1 AND TT2 in the same group due to the high number of cars.

but maybe a better groups  reorganization?

Right now we have TTU TT1 TT3 TTEV ( 21 CARS)  while the other is TT2 TT4 TT5 TT6 (32 CARS) but i'm sure we could have at least have

a "more even" count between the 2.

I imagine Daytona is big enough for many cars but when Does it become to crowdy ( and also dangerous?)

Just food for thoughts 

Looking forward to meeting you in person.

Alex

• Like 1

• National Staff
On 8/5/2021 at 1:41 PM, GoBlue said:

Marie,

Hi @GoBlue thank you for your questions. We will have 2 dynos onsite. For consistency, we are assigning specific classes to each dyno so that everyone in the same class will use the same dyno. We are finalizing an online reservation system to allow you to schedule and pay for test dyno session(s). These test dyno sessions will include 3 runs with no tuning between/during runs. You can schedule multiple sessions if you want to dyno, move off the dyno to tune, then go back onto the dyno for additional testing. Watch this forum for more info; we will post a link to the scheduling system as soon as it is ready. Thanks again!  -Hank

• National Staff
On 8/19/2021 at 12:42 AM, Ale Sensoli said:

Good morning everyone.
I'm new to National and looking forward to learn form some of the fastest drivers in the country.

I've received the email with the tentative schedule. Thanks for this!

I'd like to point out before it becomes official that the " division between the 2 TT groups (G & F) maybe could be adjusted

one group ,as today, has 32 cars (group G) the other has 21 cars (group F)

I've never been in Daytona, but have done FONTANA autoclub and the differences in max speed between the first 3 TT (U 1 and 2) and the last 2 can be very high.

I see is very difficult putting TTU TT1 AND TT2 in the same group due to the high number of cars.

but maybe a better groups  reorganization?

Right now we have TTU TT1 TT3 TTEV ( 21 CARS)  while the other is TT2 TT4 TT5 TT6 (32 CARS) but i'm sure we could have at least have

a "more even" count between the 2.

I imagine Daytona is big enough for many cars but when Does it become to crowdy ( and also dangerous?)

Just food for thoughts 

Looking forward to meeting you in person.

Alex

Alex, the TT classes are tough this year due to the car counts in the groups. Just in the time that we made the schedule there were new sign ups and cancellations that changed the balance of the groups. We are working behind the scenes now to update. Hang tight!

• Thanks 1

• National Staff
On 8/21/2021 at 2:27 PM, Jddumas said:

I didn’t see anything on the schedule about when trophies will be given and if there is an ending event or banquet. 

Trophy presentations take place immediately following the championship races on Sunday at Victory Lane. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Marie A. said:

Trophy presentations take place immediately following the championship races on Sunday at Victory Lane. 

Does TT have a trophy ceremony too?

I am looking to supersize between 2 race groups for champs (1 of them being ST where I do not normally run).  Can I register for ST and do my dyno compliance and submit my paperwork down there prior to any timed session?  Trying to save myself having to find a dyno prior when I would rather have my pulls done one the official championship setup anyways.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

• National Staff
On 8/23/2021 at 7:11 PM, Ale Sensoli said:

Does TT have a trophy ceremony too?

Yes. TT awards will happen following the final TT session. 

• Like 1

• Roman V. unpinned this topic
  • Marie A. locked and unlocked this topic