2021 NASA Championships FAQ

Marie A.

• National Staff
On 8/24/2021 at 4:16 PM, petemac said:

I am looking to supersize between 2 race groups for champs (1 of them being ST where I do not normally run).  Can I register for ST and do my dyno compliance and submit my paperwork down there prior to any timed session?  Trying to save myself having to find a dyno prior when I would rather have my pulls done one the official championship setup anyways.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

@Greg G. 

Pete, you can if you have time to get the car Dyno'd, but your ST Series Director will likely be requesting you to turn in your completed forms at the Thursday night meeting. 

Greg G.

Edited by Greg G.

• National Staff
On 8/26/2021 at 2:42 PM, MFMotorsports said:

What group would GTS3 or GTS4 race in? I do not seem those classes listed on the schedule

The schedule has been updated to reflect the GTS classes. 

• Like 1

With tire temps being VERY important to DIS, would TTU/SU competitors be able to check tire temps after qualifying races/sessions on Friday and Saturday?

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 2:32 PM, Marie A. said:

The schedule has been updated to reflect the GTS classes. 

I saw, thank you very much for updating. Looking forward to race weekend!

• National Staff
On 9/1/2021 at 8:24 AM, PAEracing said:

With tire temps being VERY important to DIS, would TTU/SU competitors be able to check tire temps after qualifying races/sessions on Friday and Saturday?

In speaking for TTU only, we do not allow any TT vehicle to stop in pit lane during competition sessions.  As soon as you get off track to the impound area, where it is clear that you have a TTU vehicle, the tire temps or anything else can be checked or modified.  

• National Staff
On 9/4/2021 at 2:33 PM, Beasleys said:

Can we still register for the Thursday Test Day? Tried link but not allowing me to select it on registration page? 

Yes. Give me a call and I am happy to assist. 936-520-0163

On 5/10/2021 at 7:15 PM, Marie A. said:

Marie, I am close to my comp license so this is for next year. So to qualify to race at NASA Championships, you just need to complete a certain number of NASA races? You do not have to WIN a certain number of NASA races in your class? 

You are good to go as you are. See below. 

Q: How do I qualify for the Championships?

A: 2021 Racing Requirements

• Five points paying races (or competing at 3 weekends).
  • Up to two TT points days count towards two of the 5 races
  • Enduro of any length three hours or more counts as two races
  • Any registered team member planning to compete must complete the qualifications individually.

2021 Time Trial Requirements

• Four TT points days
  • Racers who also want to compete in TT must meet the racing requirements plus the TT requirements. If utilizing two TT points days to qualify for racing requirements only an additional two TT points days are required to meet the TT requirements.

• 3 weeks later...
  • National Staff
On 9/15/2021 at 12:02 PM, Jeffrey Antonelli said:

That is correct. You just have to participate. You do not have to win. 

• Roman V. unpinned this topic
  • Marie A. locked and unlocked this topic