944 spec at CALIFORNIA SPEEDWAY March 11-12!

Tim Comeau

This should be our first monster event for the 2006 season!

It's on the NASA-AZ Region's race schedule as a points event and I know of several of those guys coming over. The PCA Festival of Speed is 2 weeks later so there's more than enough separation between the 2 events.

Both of these events can be used for testing/practice for the Tribute.......

If you aren't race licensed YET, please enter the NASA HPDE Groups and hang out with us just the same! 80 minutes of track time for the HPDE groups on each day. It's a great track and only 1 hour from most of SoCal. This is where the Grand Am pros race! I have video for learning before you get there.

944-specFlyingCircusatdusk.jpg

Here's the 944 spec cars at Fontana in March 2004. Let's get even more this time! Remember, when we hit 10 cars entered we start getting NASA rewards and better door prizes!

1. Dennis Puddester #11 SoCal

2. Tim Comeau #22 SoCal ( 2-time SoCal Champ)

3. Joe Paluch #94 AZ (Current points leader in AZ)

4. Jim Marks # 551 SoCal

5. Mark Foley # 39 SoCal

6. Mikael Weitze #247 SoCal (Reigning SoCal Champ)

7. Jason Wilberding #318 SoCal

8. Norm Hamden #99 AZ

9. Jay Barton #? HIS FIRST RACE! Welcome to the SHOW!

10. Vince Vacarro # AZ

11. Glen Gormelly #44 AZ

12. Tom Spargo #16 SoCal

13. Darren Griffith #7 AZ

14. Steve Sapareto #09 AZ

15. Johnny Pag # 60 SoCal

WE'VE GOT SOME HEAVY HITTERS ATTENDING THIS FIRST EVENT OF THE SOUTHWESTERN CHAMPIONSHIP!

Edited by Guest

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tim Comeau

• 944-Spec#94

• PeanutinCA

• Packfill

If you aren't race licensed YET, please enter the NASA HPDE Groups and hang out with us just the same!

I'll be there for HPDE both days in my VW GTi, but I'm very interested in joining the 944 Spec racers down the line. Would anybody be willing to toss me around for a lap or two in their passenger seat?

Even just a look at some cars and maybe a few driving tips would be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Chris Barrington

I'll be there for HPDE both days in my VW GTi, but I'm very interested in joining the 944 Spec racers down the line. Would anybody be willing to toss me around for a lap or two in their passenger seat? Thanks in advance,

Chris Barrington

Come by and look all you want. As for Ride alongs I am sure we can figure something out for that. I have passenger seat in place for just such occasions.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it. I am doing the PCA Club Race at PIR March 4 and 5th and the Zone 8 Fesitval of Speed Club Race at Fontana on March 24-26th.

The drive to California twice in a month is a bit more than I can handle.

Jonny C.

Come by and look all you want. As for Ride alongs I am sure we can figure something out for that. I have passenger seat in place for just such occasions.

Great! I'll be sure to come by and introduce myself.

Chris

OK, here's more info on parking between the 2 March events and it looks good!

...................................................................................................

Vince,

I was talking with John Rickard yesterday and we were exploring the idea of leaving trailers/rigs parked at Fontana between the 2 events in March. There's a NASA race on March 11-12, then there's the PCA event on March 25-26.

One of the AZ drivers said he didn't want to make the tow out here twice. I want as many 944's at BOTH events as possible.

How do I progress in finding out if this parking thing is possible? Any costs?

Tim

.................................................................................................

Tim,

I'm glad you asked.

The AZ club race is the first weekend in March.

You now tell me that the NASA event is the second.

Great. I have an arrangement with the Speedway that will allow folks from the Phoenix Race to park in the lot next to the entry gate on Cherry Blvd. By prior arrangement.

I need to get the list of folks interested in doing this to the Speedway in advance.

We already are forming a list for the folks driving at Phoenix the first weekend in March, to come to Fontana and park on March 6 or 7 or other date that we arrange.

If you can get me the list of those wanting to park Sunday March 12, I can get that to them as well.

Can YOU be the contact person for this?

I expect we may need to get the names and rig descriptions of those wanting to park to the Speedway before your NASA weekend.

I will call them tomorrow about the details for your request.

It may be possible that you can coordinate this at the event and coordinate the parking on Sunday the 12th.

You may just need to create a list of those parking as part of this, and present it to the gate security person on the afternoon of the 12th. I hope to make it that easy. But there WILL need to be a written list.

We will see.

I know that they don't want folks to just park in that lot without official notification of the Speedway.

The plan will be that the parked vehicles will NOT be accessed from the time that they are parked until Thursday March 23. I hope that is not a problem.

In addition, these parked vehicles (and all other Festival participants) may NOT enter the infield before they register at the Credentials Building on Thursday the 23rd.

And the driver must be present for this registration.

I hope that this provides an incentive for the 944 Spec drivers to join us at the Festival. Of course this offer would apply to any other NASA participants who register for the Festival.

There is no charge for this parking, but we need to be careful to follow the Speedway's terms.

Thanks again for bringing this up.

vvvince Knauf

Zone 8 Speed Festival Co-Chair

• 2 weeks later...

ill be there to play in my new ford focus in HPDE if it dosent end up killing my warrenty.... ill have to ask to be shure but i will probably make it, just not in my 924s. and ive hit 140 in the porsche without drafting help..... good day i guess?

How the (*%#*) did you hit 140? Were you being towed by the new Cayenne Turbo? Our cars have hit 125-130 at CSW with a tow. If your car did 140 you'll be under Timmies scrutiny!!! My next trick will be to get some of the better drivers to help me on the track!! (read I'll pay for thier time!)

Eric

im still thinkin it was just a really good day on a reaaaaaly long straight. about 5 miles worth.... anyway, is there anyone out there who whould be willing to share cars with me both days on the march event if i cannot use my ford and cant get my 924 up and running by then? ill just be in HPDE 2 with a possible move to 3 so there shouldnt be much in the way of schedule conflicts.

lol either way, i spose im going to make it, if it turns out the track will void me warrenty, then i just wont tell them it was tracked and go easy on it of course so nothin happens.... and lots of blue tape..... like a couple rolls.... still though, i would like to drive a 944 spec car..... im willing to pay for fuel for two drivers on both days if anyones interested, if not more, anything to get me onto the track again!!!!!!!

Does anyone want to park their trailers/rigs at Fontana between the NASA event on March 11-12 and the PCA Cal Festival of Speed on March 25-26? Parking is free. Security provided. Contact me asap.

If you want to STAND on the podium, you've got to TAKE A SEAT behind the wheel!

Finish those cars up, get some track time, and come join us at California Speedway! Enter the racing or the HPDE Groups. Doesn't matter, just get there.

Joe,

I like to stay at the Best Western on Vineyard Ave. in Ontario. Cheap, clean, and right across the street from a great steakhouse called "Porter's." 10 minutes from the track? The phone number there is 909.937.6800

Hey Tim,

NASA National has asked Very Nicely (in all honesty.. no sarcasim) that I not attend the Cal Speedway Event, cause I am now a owner of a org that is a competitor of Joe Vaccaro/Nasa AZ.. So I will not be attending too bad was really looking foward to going! Good luck to all you guys at the Track and be safe!!

Jason

Edited by Guest