When downshifting what do you do with your clutch??

vitoal18t

Do you track this Suzuki?

Yeah. Why?

Cool. I know some people that might be curious.

I take it you know people with zukis. If they happen to have the forenza or reno send them my way for tunning help

You guys shift?

The only car I've had to double-clutch and/or shift sequentially was a Skip Barber Formula Dodge. But then again, in that car, assuming you just came off the gas, you could push it out of gear without clutching (and slam it in, if you couldn't/forgot to clutch).

how about this one.....

1. let off gas

2. get on brakes, hard, with left foot

3. ease on gas *with right foot, left still on brakes hard*

4. ease car out of gear

5. blip throttle with right foot

6. rev match and get car into gear.

7. repeat if neccicary

personally im one of the guys mentioned that rows through the gears for a rythem. plus it sounds cool dosent upset ballance of car at all. assuming you can get the controll of the brakes with your left foot down.... and remember to use the left foot for clutching again once you get into the pits

87 Porsche 924 S 5-speed transaxel. 130 HP to the wheels 2550 LBS

87 Porsche 924 S 5-speed transaxel. 130 HP to the wheels 2550 LBS

'05 Nissan 350Z Track 6 speeds tranny. ~250 HP to the wheels 3225LBS

Not a chance I'm going to do that !

Rental cars are good for that !

• 1 month later...

lol yeah if i ever got a rental with a stick... never seen one honestly... probably a smart thing but i have discoverd something about my daily driver. a ford focus SVT. it dosent like double clutching, no clutching, or clutching with the clutch all the way to the floor. just push the pedal about 4 inches and it shifts really smoothly. rev matching this car is a pain in the @$$ though.... dosent spin up fast enough and its got this rev control program in it that keeps the revs from falling.... let off the gas in 2nd at 60 and it just keeps going with hardly any decel at all.... soon as the thing is off warrenty, imma have some fun changing this ASAP *probably the day after...*

I understand a restriction in the hose that feeds the IAB will fix that. I used an old socket in my '99 2.5 to cure the "moose call", supposed to work for the "throttle dashpot" problem as well. That's the issue that caused me to pass on an SVT.

Oh wait, you're talking Focus SVT. I'm was thinking Contour SVT. Same thing might work on the Focus.

lol yeah if i ever got a rental with a stick... never seen one honestly... probably a smart thing but i have discoverd something about my daily driver. a ford focus SVT. it dosent like double clutching, no clutching, or clutching with the clutch all the way to the floor. just push the pedal about 4 inches and it shifts really smoothly. rev matching this car is a pain in the @$$ though.... dosent spin up fast enough and its got this rev control program in it that keeps the revs from falling.... let off the gas in 2nd at 60 and it just keeps going with hardly any decel at all.... soon as the thing is off warrenty, imma have some fun changing this ASAP *probably the day after...*

What MY is your SVTF? My daily driver is an 03 SVTF and I don't have any trouble heel-toeing it or matching revs. Not sure what's up with yours...

its an 02. but my dad's 03 does the same thing. theres even a product in a focus specific magazine that fixes this problem, trouble is i cant seem to find the bloody thing....