The TT On-line Calculator Lives Again!!!

Greg G.

• National Staff

We have revised the TT on-line calculator for the 2006 rules. Be careful that you add in the free mods that you are prompted for (cage, NASCAR door bars, etc.), or you may wind up with some extra points on replacement seats that should be free, driver door panels, etc.

Here's the new link.... http://nasa-tt.com/TT_Classer (3-23-06)

Edited by Guest

Ok, try it now; it should be the last option under Weight Reduction.

Just don't be a fool and pick other weight reduction items in addition to the Alternative Weight method!

Ok, try it now; it should be the last option under Weight Reduction.

Just don't be a fool and pick other weight reduction items in addition to the Alternative Weight method!

There's a problem with it. The weight categories assess points beginning with GREATER than 100 lbs, not EQUAL to. Every category should add one lb. on the front and back.

Hey Dan, is 100.00000001 pounds "greater than 100 pounds"? I think we can leave it as it is

Doesn't matter to me if it's changed or not, but please tell me, am I wrong? Does the point assessment start at 100 rr 101 lbs or 115? HA! I planned my minimum declared weight at 100 lbs. below stock precisely because the rule says GREATER than 100 lbs. Did I miss something?

Edited by Guest

There seems to be an issue with the points required to go into TTR. I was just playing with a c5 z06 for no real reason and noticed something funny...

Per the text rules "tta base class cars with greater than 35 modification points" should go to TTR. However, it takes 41 points before it goes to TTR.

This doesn't effect me int he slightest, but I just thought it was odd and someone should point it out.

Another TTR question...

It's my understanding that a car that starts in TTB or below only would jump up to TTR for a few reasons:

1)You converted it to a tubeframe car

2)You removed the original floorpan

3)You changed the silhouette of the car

4)You installed a sequential or dogbox transmission

5)You have more than 650 horsepower

If this is correct, then it if I started in TTC and had say, 85 points, that I should top out in TTU. The calculator sees the points as jumping the car up 4 classes and puts it in TTR.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the rules, or perhaps it isn't working correctly?

• National Staff
Another TTR question...

It's my understanding that a car that starts in TTB or below only would jump up to TTR for a few reasons:

1)You converted it to a tubeframe car

2)You removed the original floorpan

3)You changed the silhouette of the car

4)You installed a sequential or dogbox transmission

5)You have more than 650 horsepower

If this is correct, then it if I started in TTC and had say, 85 points, that I should top out in TTU. The calculator sees the points as jumping the car up 4 classes and puts it in TTR.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the rules, or perhaps it isn't working correctly?

No, you have the rules correct. I'll ask Jim to check it out.

Whoops, this is fixed. For some reason I had their max set as TTR instead of TTU... even after going through this with Greg. After a while, TTR, TTU, etc all start to blend together..

I just used the online calculator and it pushed me up a class and I don't understand why.

I have an '04 Z06 Base class TTA with a 7 point penalty.

Here's what it comes out with when I apply my mods:

Your car: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (pre-'06) Start Over

Your base class is TTA, with 7 base points because of your vehicle.

Your mods are as follows:

DOT-approved R-compound "slick" tires (ex. Hoosier R3S05, Kumho Ecsta V710, etc) for 7 points.

Add, replace, remove, or modify anti-roll bars ("sway" bars- front, rear, or both - may have spherical joints and polyurethane bushings on the end links) for 2 points.

Your 7 base points plus your 9 modification points (16 total points) puts you in TTU.

It would seem to me that the 16 points would allow me to stay in TTA. Am I missing something?

When using the calculator, which line is to be selected for the Volkswagen diesel cars (Rabbit, Jetta, Beetle, &c.), turbo and non-turbo?

Will

• National Staff
When using the calculator, which line is to be selected for the Volkswagen diesel cars (Rabbit, Jetta, Beetle, &c.), turbo and non-turbo?

Will

We didn't classify them. Any VW with 62 hp or less would be in TTH (so, you could use the 1.5L Rabbit in the calculator). Are you really planning on bringing out a 52hp Rabbit diesel into Time Trial? What region? Have you done engine mods to increase the power? I'm wondering what kind of lap times a 52hp Rabbit diesel does? Thanks.