2006 Sentra SE-R Spec V

vitoal18t

What happened to Nissan's Sentra SE-R spec V?

When it was just introduced it was a real hot car, there was lots of talk about it.

In 2003 it was in SWC Touring Class.

Now I barely see people driving that car on the street, atleast here in Bay Area, and dealerships are selling that car for $15,500 brand new, it has LSD, 6-spd transmission, lots of torque. At $15500 it is less than scion tC or even new Civic EX. From the looks of it, Sentra is not a bad car.

Since no one really replied to my post, I did some basic googling and found out that VQ25DE found in the Sentra SE-R spec V is little low on power. Stock it makes 140whp at the dyno and it is rated at 175HP, which is decent, but with HotShot header and header and air Intake it made Max. 157whp at the dyno. When at the same time Honda's K20 with several bolt-ons makes well over 200whp.

Reviews also complained that brakes fade after hard driving, it is 11" in the front, and that's not such a large disk for a car that weighs 2710lb.

I guess to answer my own question..."Why new Sentras are not popular?". Last month I took my friend's 2003 Focus Pzev to the dyno w/ some minor mods and he spun a healthy 160whp, and the car weighs 2710lb with him in it. He picked up that car for under $11,000 brand new I think , and has no more than $1500 in engine mods. Sentra SE-R spec V is not cheap and performance is said to be lacking judging by certain reviews. Overall people say that SR20DE is much better performance engine than VQ25DE.

I am sorry to turn this thread into some sort of "Fast 'n the Furious" shoot out. Just didn't want to leave my question hanging.

I've drag raced an SE-R spec V in my 2650# sedan with 126whp and got smoked. The SE-R spec V had a ~250# sound system too. But on the other hand the fact that you said it only made 17whp from those mods isnt too good. From a short ram intake, cat-back exhaust, and lighter UD pulley (I only spent $350 on these three things) my car went from 100whp to 126whp. Thats a 25% increase!