GPC Runs First Race at NASA Texas this Weekend

TexaST-1

WOW!

NASA Texas held its first race of the 2006 Season at MSR Houston this weekend. It was well attended and had a strong turnout over all with many old friends from the SCCA joining us with many more to come.

Grand Production Challenge (GPC) had 3 Corvettes, 1 Porsche 996, 1 Ferrari 355 Callenge, 2 BMW M3 (HOT Rods). 7 Cars for Its first outing

We have interest commitments from 5 others already. 3 Porsche Cup Cars and 2 more Corvettes. GPC-1 was the most popular followed by GPC-2.

We ran 3 successful races with all cars starting and finishing every race and no DNFs and more importantly no unwanted body contact. COmpetition seemed to be very equalized with many lead changes over the weekend.

We will see if that will get the National Offices' attention and get this thing recognized quickly!

It was a great weekend. Thanks to everyone for their help. This class looks like it will be a lot of fun. I had a bunch of people come up to me at the track and asck about the class and the cars running in it.

Glad to hear that the first race was a successful one. How did all of the cars do. Lets see some qualifing and race times. I am curious on how the other cars did vs the Vettes.

These are just the best lap times of the weekend. 3 races to do our best. This was a brand new track and the first race weekend and new to everyone.

Jay Matus: Porsche 996 GPC-1: 1:45.586

Micheal Morehead: Corvette Z06 GPC-2: 1:45.178

Rayman Kinman: 99 LS1 Corvette GPC-1: 1:45.178

Kevin Mixon: 99 LS6 Corvette GPC-2: 144.431

Mark McKenzie: 355 Ferrari Challenge GPC-1: 1:46. something

Antonio Marziall: BMW M3 GPC-1: 1:49.959

Mickey Mills: BMW M3 GPC-1: 1:57.723

Al Mitchel: BMW M3 GPC-1: 1:47.328

I think this is about right. This was not the finishing order just the times.

Nasa Texas and I are working on it now. We are going to sent them pictures and responses we have from the weekend.

Brady Morehead aka Michael had 2 Corvette guys express an interest in building cars quickly and joining us.

I had 3 people inquire about bring Porsche Cup cars out. So we maybe on our way!