2022 ST/TT Car Classification Calculator Only

Roman V.

It looks like the form for ST/TT4 allows for the use of under 266mm (+0.6) or 267-282mm (+0.3) tires with varying bonuses regardless of weight.  I don’t think that jives with the tire rules, or am I missing something.  Is this throwing off the final calculation

Edited by rsotak

• National Staff
4 hours ago, rsotak said:

It looks like the form for ST/TT4 allows for the use of under 266mm (+0.6) or 267-282mm (+0.3) tires with varying bonuses regardless of weight.  I don’t think that jives with the tire rules, or am I missing something.  Is this throwing off the final calculation

This would be a time when the driver needs to actually know the rules and choose the correct tire size.  There was something about the programming of this system that was difficult to remove the larger tire option from the list if the car was lighter weight.

That makes sense, but is going to lead to some confusion during impound I would predict.  Can wording be included around the weight limits on the lines in the calculator to remind people that they can select the larger tire under 3000lb?

Edited by rsotak

• Administrators
1 hour ago, rsotak said:

That makes sense, but is going to lead to some confusion during impound I would predict.  Can wording be included around the weight limits on the lines in the calculator to remind people that they can select the larger tire under 3000lb?

You can run a smaller tire when over 3000lb not another way around. 
We might make some changes to the way it operates or just wording changes. 

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, rsotak said:

Yep meant "can't" to the larger tire under 3000lb

I said "can run a smaller tire when over 3000lb". So in another way around you can't run a larger tire when under or equal to 3000lb.

• Roman V. unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic