BMW eater has arrived

bill walczak

MR_MOTOR.jpg

Santa arrived a few days early. Even with all the titanium inside this beast we had to get it off the sled. 3.8L 434hp/334# torque.

Good by GTS4. Hello GTSU!

That work of art is a 3.8L, 400 +/- natural hp Porsche 6. Should be good for 45 hours of blissful racing. Just arrived with dyno time only. I can smell the race fuel. Come on Sebring! I am going to miss stock class racing (but not the impounds).

Bill:

That is a sweat looking engine. We are certainly looking forward to seeing your car in GTSU!

I'll give Ray Mason a jingle and see what he has to say about this!

LM

Not to worry Lawrence! Ray will just have to settle for a distant 2nd. Maybe I will see Ray at the PBOC race at Sebring next month. Bad news is that I am not convinced this motor will hold up for the season. 45 hours I am told.

• 5 weeks later...

Finally the new motor is installed. Rough tuned and goes to the dyno after Autometrics returns from Daytona next week. First race in GT is Sebring mid Feb!

Porsche_RSR_motor_in_car.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Dado

Nice car (and color). Are you racing SU in the mid atlantic? Looks like snow in your photo background.

I missed Sebring last weekend but hope to race NASA VIR or PCA CMP very soon.

thanks! I live in Gaithersburg, Maryland. I will be at VIR this weekend for the HPDE.

We are still deciding where we are going to be racing this car. For now the option is BMW Club Racing or GTS Challenge. It would be SU since it has over 550 horsepower.

• 3 weeks later...

i don't know, ray is a great driver and his car handles like a mad go-cart. put the two together and it's a tough combo to beat.