Who is in for the 3/4, 3/5 Event at Cresson?

ledfoot2

I know Jay will be there in his 996, me, you and brady with the C5s, Mark and Rob should be in 355s and maybe a 348. I hear there is a Monster M3 commin up and maybe a cup car!

I have been lightening the car. Man you guys forgot to let me in on the secret of how heavy those doors are.. wow. I must have shed 150lbs right there.

I will keep the power where it is for now. Let's see what a drop of 300 pounds does first

I just installed the new body panels some are lighter than the OEM. It has a front splitter, and if I can in time I'll have the wing installed too. But just to let you know I am still running the stock engine. So I don't want to hear any chit about it. Oh by the way, it's blue....crap...every corvette in Texas has to be blue I guess It was already painted up.

See you at Cresson.

Brady

Once again GPC-X... I'm glad I don't have to keep up with you. I wonder what your car is going to weight. Did you weigh it at the last race? Mine was 3070 without me and about 1/3 tank of fuel.

Well I weighed in last race at 3380lbs with me in the drivers seat, helmet and 1/3 tank gas.

Today I weighed in at 3110....so lessened by 275lbs or so.

I will be adding back a lot of it though. Nascar bars, fire suppression system and few other things. But now I can put the weight where I want it.

I have mine from the official dyno day put on in Houston on 1/28/06! Of course I fill the inside of the car with helium before each race, and it all goes out the window before the end so the car only weight 150lbs at the beginning

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm so ready for this weekend...cause I need some sleep! Anyone else working up late getting ready?

You know misery loves company.

I'm glad to see I am not the only one. I should be loaded up and ready to go tonight. We have an 8 hour drive from here. We are going to try to leave before 11am tomorrow. We are pulling with a new (to us) Motorhome, so if anyone sees an old brown motorhome on the side of I-35 with an enclosed trailer behind it, it will be us. Anyone ever tried to wire up trailer brakes and lights on a motorhome with airbrakes? Huge PITA! No easy brake switches to tie into. Everyone be safe and we'll see you tomorrow night.

Kevin, I have that windshield banner for you. I plan to take off all my body pannels and just wrap the car in saran wrap. Any mention of that in the rules?

The rules are going to change slightly to address different mods. Have had long discussions with the National Office and we will go National as part of the PT group with our rules and levels. The difference will be a change to a point system to achieve different levels within GPC. I think they also want GPC-1 to become 2 and 2 to become 1. 2 being the lower level.

Putting the GPC cars into the PT mix isn't a good idea in my opinion. Anyone know the status of VVC? Maybe all of us should just run VVC. I think everyone here drives a Vette except for Frank.

The problem with PT is that all of our cars will be in SU and someone in a radical or GT1 car would just run away with the class.

What does everyone else think?