2022 TT5/6 Scion FRS Build

TT686

Hello everyone, 

I am looking to bring my completely stock 2015 Scion FRS out for some fun. I have prior experience in the Northeast region, but would be taking part in the Mid-Atlantic region moving forward. I have a 2015 Scion FRS that is completely stock and I am looking to chase the clock with it by participating in Time Trial. 

My goals are simple, and keep this mind these are my personal goals, but I would like to keep the car as minimalistic as possible. I want to be able to drive the car to my best capabilities as a driver and continue pushing my skill set to be more and more refined. 

With that said, it will be a street driven car as well. 

Safety is important to me, but I would prefer not to cage the car completely. Are bolt-in 4 point roll bars OK? Additionally, I would also like to get the basics - seat, harness, HANS, and some sort of fire suppression. I will also wear a suit, racing shoes, gloves, and the appropriate under garments. 

With all of that said, what is the best class to aim for? Am I limited to TT5 or do these cars fit into TT6 in factory form? 

Thank you for all your help and I look forward to meeting you all at the track!

• National Staff

Hi and welcome to NASA,

The 4 point roll bar is fine--just look at the CCR and make sure that it is compliant with any rules regarding them in section 11. 

The car is not eligible for TT6.  The ST5-6 Rules guide classing of the car.  This is from section 4 of the ST5-6 Rules:

ST6 models must have 168 (one-hundred sixty-eight) or less factory rated engine horsepower
and an engine displacement less than 2449 mL (cc)**, unless they are listed as eligible models in
Appendix C. Forced induction is not permitted in ST6.
2006+ Mazda MX-5 models are specifically not eligible for ST6.

19 hours ago, Greg G. said:

Hi and welcome to NASA,

The 4 point roll bar is fine--just look at the CCR and make sure that it is compliant with any rules regarding them in section 11. 

The car is not eligible for TT6.  The ST5-6 Rules guide classing of the car.  This is from section 4 of the ST5-6 Rules:

ST6 models must have 168 (one-hundred sixty-eight) or less factory rated engine horsepower
and an engine displacement less than 2449 mL (cc)**, unless they are listed as eligible models in
Appendix C. Forced induction is not permitted in ST6.
2006+ Mazda MX-5 models are specifically not eligible for ST6.

Greg, 

Thank you for the clarification! I have been doing my best to read up on the rules, and it seems to be pretty straight forward. TT5/ST5 seem to the best place for the 86, with very little modifications needed. Maybe a diet though, ha! 

I will try to frequent the forums the best I can. Looking forward to this journey. 

On 1/17/2022 at 12:55 PM, Greg G. said:

NASA also has a TT and ST Facebook group. 

I'm not a big social media person, but thank you for letting me know. 

• 2 years later...
On 1/19/2022 at 2:12 AM, TT686 said:

I'm not a big social media person, but thank you for letting me know. 

Pokemon Infinite Fusion

me too, I would be very happy if someone could give me links to these groups

Edited by rosydam