SoCal Leads the Pack--First TT Only Run Group--entire event!

Greg G.

• National Staff

Congratulations to the Southern California TT drivers for being the first to break the TT-only run group barrier. At our next (sold out) event at California Speedway on March 11th-12th, the run group will be entirely for TT drivers in all sessions for the weekend. We closed registration tonight, and there will be 48 TT drivers with possibly a few more instructors that want to run in TT. This will be the largest NASA TT event to date, with competitors in 8 classes (R,U, and A-F). Cal Speedway is the best track in California to hold a large event like this with the 75 foot wide track that easily allows for 3 to 4 wide passing along the 3100 foot front straight. We will have as many pre-grid sessions as possible to help get drivers open track.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shawn M.

• Pat L.

• GAC

• Greg G.

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Sheit!

Congrats Greg, that's a really huge step! I can't wait till March!

*edit

So how is it going to work with the HPDE groups? Did they just squeeze in another four sessions for TT?

Ok Greg, you finally made me jealous. 48 TT'ers all gridding by speed? WOW!

I am officially requesting the California Speedway weekend as the norcal/socal crossover event of 2007. This is more than one year of notice so make it it happen.

Have a great time in Fontana everyone.

John

• National Staff

I am officially requesting the California Speedway weekend as the norcal/socal crossover event of 2007. This is more than one year of notice so make it it happen.

John

Hey John, why don't you bring down another 40 guys in '07 and we'll have two full run groups and just take the place over

• National Staff
Great work, Greg! Are some of the drivers from other regions?

There are just a few, like Clay. Almost all of them are SoCal. It looks like most of the AZ guys snoozed instead of registering.

John

Hey John, why don't you bring down another 40 guys in '07 and we'll have two full run groups and just take the place over

This would be enough advance notice for me to actually schedule myself for this event

Hi Greg,

I'm one of the new TT'er's in the black NSX. I took your advice and registered immediately upon my return from Willow Springs Sunday night and I'm glad I did. It'll be my first time at CalSpeedway and I can't wait.

• National Staff
You know with all this Greg you all should sweep the nationals.

That's the plan, but it's still a secret. We didn't want to scare all of you guys into not showing up.

Greg,

Inquiring minds want to know: what's the breakdown in each class in terms of number of participants? I'm pretty excited about the turnout, I just wanna see which class got the lions share of the entries.

Thanks.

Greg,

Can Pat be Number 1? And when he wins, can you please play #1 by Nelly for his podium strut song?

Pat, any retort about "sweet light" will be waaaaay too predictable.

No comment. Although that is a pretty cool song. I pulled my "bastard" move by making Russ stand behind the "Audi Sport North America" banner at Sears Point. That'll tide me over for a while.

Dan, you've got one helluva vivid imagination... no doubt a result of some sort of extended exposure to sweet light as a child. "they" say people are born that way though.

No comment. Although that is a pretty cool song. I pulled my "bastard" move by making Russ stand behind the "Audi Sport North America" banner at Sears Point. That'll tide me over for a while.

Dan, you've got one helluva vivid imagination... no doubt a result of some sort of extended exposure to sweet light as a child. "they" say people are born that way though.

As I stated above...Pat, any retort about "sweet light" will be waaaaay too predictable.

Come at me wit something else, bish!

Why don't we ask my brother, Tom Paule and Jason Swindel about how you went and got all purdied up to go hang out at the bar in Lancaster... where it's a fact that only dudes, several of which I have on good authority are ex-cons, hang out at the bar and play old Alice Cooper songs ala Poison. Don said he could smell your flowery shampoo over his gin and tonic... you're scaring me, Dan

Oooooo Pat, that hurt. Hmmmm, I cleaned myself not to hang out at a hotel bar in Lancaster, but because I was tired of being dirty all day. If it did something for them, hmmmm, well, glad they got a cheap thrill.

So much for the burn peanut gallery...

• Members
Oooooo Pat, that hurt. Hmmmm, I cleaned myself not to hang out at a hotel bar in Lancaster, but because I was tired of being dirty all day. If it did something for them, hmmmm, well, glad they got a cheap thrill.

So much for the burn peanut gallery...

Still BURN.

• National Staff
Greg,

Inquiring minds want to know: what's the breakdown in each class in terms of number of participants? I'm pretty excited about the turnout, I just wanna see which class got the lions share of the entries.

Thanks.

TTR- 4

TTU- 8

TTA- 7

TTB- 9

TTC- 6

TTD- 9

TTE- 5

TTF- 4