SoCal Leads the Pack--First TT Only Run Group--entire event!

Greg G.

Buttonwillow--June 10th and 11th is the Socal/Norcal crossover.

Ohreally

I wonder if our friend, drifter-x is coming down, I sure could use some lead-follow time around my home track.

Where's John at? Let's start our "countdown to green" for the crossover

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shawn M.

• Pat L.

• GAC

• Greg G.

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm here Huckleberry".............. who can name the movie?

Pat, what shocks are you running this year?

Still in TTA?

Do you think your track record in NorCal should remian, given your setup has changed?

How about Russell, TTA still? Has his car changed since Infineon last year?

I figure if we get EVERYONE on a fair playing field, the NorCal drivers just might set a few records at your beloved Buttonwillow Raceway.

How's that for a start?

John

Pat, what shocks are you running this year?

Still in TTA?

Do you think your track record in NorCal should remian, given your setup has changed?

How about Russell, TTA still? Has his car changed since Infineon last year?

I figure if we get EVERYONE on a fair playing field, the NorCal drivers just might set a few records at your beloved Buttonwillow Raceway.

How's that for a start?

John

John,

Why shouldn't all the SoCal guys' records at Infineon last year hold? They were prepped within their class that season. I doubt I'll beat a Pro7 car's record in TTF next month at Cal Speedway. That car may very well be a TTE car this year, but it WAS TTF last year.

If all the racers' records were obliterated each year because of rule changes and tweaks, what would be the point of any record at all?

Val Kilmer in Tombstone... great line, great movie.

John, I'm running the same shocks I ran last year; I'm still in TTA. The main reason I'm still in TTA for this year is because my car was only a few points out of TTB most of last year.

I plan on defending any TTA records I still hold

.... and hopefully breaking a few others

Pat,

Damn! Now what are we gonna do? I suppose we'll just go old-school and get you all lickied up the night before raceday.

Dan,

Against Greg's (and others) wishes, I am not putting records on the NorCal site that are bogus. I'll ask you the same question: What's the point of posting a record that can't be touched because the classifications changed? Imagine NASCAR running INDY cars for one year only. Every record would be obliterated and could never be touched.

Greg has done a superb job at closing the loopholes so that hopefully these new rules will have legs. Then, future records will have meaning when/if they are broken.

John

Dan,

Against Greg's (and others) wishes, I am not putting records on the NorCal site that are bogus. I'll ask you the same question: What's the point of posting a record that can't be touched because the classifications changed? Imagine NASCAR running INDY cars for one year only. Every record would be obliterated and could never be touched.

Greg has done a superb job at closing the loopholes so that hopefully these new rules will have legs. Then, future records will have meaning when/if they are broken.

John

John,

I do see your point, and I've thought about it. The thing is, your logic is relying upon a set of "loophole-less" rules. I think Greg's done a great job with a very detailed set of rules as well, but are we so ruled by hubris that we believe them to be the zenith of perfection?

If we can posit that no set of rules is without loopholes, then no logic could be brought to bear that would be defensible for stamping out previous seasons' records.

Now if you're saying that this is truly a ONE SHOT deal (because you find the previous ruleset to be grossly inadequate), and you don't ever plan to reset records again, then I suppose one could live with that logic. I would caution, however, that there's a tremendous opening now for the slippery slope principle to rear its head.

Your NASCAR/INDY car example is not lost upon me, but I don't think we're dealing with capabilities (due to different rulesets) as stratospherically gapped as that.

Can we still have a beer at BW?

No worries Dan. As I said earlier, many disagree with me. I can live with that. Of course we can have a beer at BW. In fact, why don't you have a few, perhaps many? That way, we can get you on the "Lindsey Plan" too.

Regards,

John

• Members

John

Before you can name the movie you must first quote it accurately.

"Im your huckleberry" is the proper phrase you are looking for Mr. Earp.

Dont forget to remind Pat that he cant safely run those lap times in his car using the line that he uses.

• Members
I am not putting records on the NorCal site that are bogus. I'll ask you the same question: What's the point of posting a record that can't be touched because the classifications changed? Imagine NASCAR running INDY cars for one year only. Every record would be obliterated and could never be touched.

John

Hey, im all ready to come back up there and giving another spanking to the best that Norcal has to offer in TTE, ----->AGAIN.

Ill best, if not beat my OLD track record. Delete the current records at your earliest convience. I can understand how embarassing it must be to have all the NORCAL records being held by all the first timmer SOCAL drivers!

I dont want a beer, but I will take that hug!

Lookit me, layin down the smacktawk!

Edited by Guest

John

I was thinking the same thing... Now for the next quiz.... What is a Huckleberry?

• Members
I was thinking the same thing... Now for the next quiz.... What is a Huckleberry?

A huckleberry would be the smacktalker who puts the .45 in the bad guys coolio.

John

"I think i'm a bit better than you"

Delete the current records at your earliest convience. I can understand how embarassing it must be to have all the NORCAL records being held by all the first timmer SOCAL drivers!

Shawn,

No need...they were already deleted.

Hey John, you do realize you're only galvanizing the So Cal guys' resolve to destroy you, right? Our solidarity increases with every record you snatch away.

Ooooo, the rivalry will have a long history indeed it seems. No need to bring it anymore; it has clearly been "broughten"!

Thank you all for the "huckleberry" lesson. Great job! Now you all just ruined that line in the movie for me. Now, I suppose you're gonna tell me that Santa Claus is not real either. Well, "No soup for you!" (hope I got that one right)

SoCal guys, no worries about the records. Greg is almost done with the national website and it will be hosting all the old (flawed) records. All the regional websites will be gone pretty soon.

Rivalry? No rivalry here. We all know that NorCal has better drivers. Hell, the whole country knows that. If you happen to beat us it's only because you're cheating. (Insert emoticon of sticking my tongue out)

Alright, let's hear it.

John

• National Staff
Pat,

Yes, Val got all the great lines in that movie.

I fixed the website to reflect your record.

Have a look and make sure it looks right.

http://norcal.nasa-tt.com/id15.html

John

Yep 985 hp sounds about right for his car.

And, yes, I believe that all SoCal "cheater" records at NorCal tracks will be on the National website (at least in some section that John won't have access to ) Looks like I have to make my way back up to Infineon sometime this year to take my record back--looks like Phil nipped it in October--legally.

Ooooooo, Greg....Shawn is going to have a field day with THIS!!!! All that talk about post deleting, and now Pat's post has magically gone POOF! Where oh where could it be, and who could have done such a thing?

• Members
Ooooooo, Greg....Shawn is going to have a field day with THIS!!!! All that talk about post deleting, and now Pat's post has magically gone POOF! Where oh where could it be, and who could have done such a thing?

Well now he is altering my posts. Apparently, my comments are too harsh for the norcal director.

Thanks for not deleting my posts Greg!

YA meat whistle.

Ruh Roh. I guess I landed that last one a little too close to home

appropriate manly movie quote for the situation ->

"Understand, that torpedo did not self-detonate, you heard it hit the hull... and I, was never here."

:shock: Oh my, he went there.

No, he didn't, it must have been your imagination--GG

I know you catch me writing to myself (double posting); But, this one takes the cake Shawn. At least I'm talking to someone, I have no idea who you're talking to, LOL